The Nestorian Evangelion (French: Evangéliaire nestorien; Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale, MS syr. 344) is a 16th-century Nestorian gospel book which contains 18 illustrations depicting the life of Jesus Christ, with captions in Syriac (larger in size) and Armenian. The manuscript was donated by the archbishop Addaï Scher to the Bibliothèque nationale de France in 1909.
The manuscript consists of 10 folios measuring 312 by 198 mm, f1r and f10v (f9v) are blank. According to Jules Leroy, this manuscript would be an illustrated section of a Syriac gospel book the MS Syriac No. 15 kept by the Chaldean Patriarchate of Mosul. The 18 illustrations would have been originally attached to the end of that gospel book of Mosul. If the belonging to the Gospel of Mosul is proven, this manuscript could date back to the year 1497 AD and have been copied in the village of 'WRG, in the diocese of Siirt at the time of the patriarch Mar Simeon, and of Mar Yuḥanon, the bishop of Athel, by someone named Abraham who is the son of Dodo.
The eighteen illustrations:
- Folio 1v: Annunciation
- Folio 2r: Adoration of the Magi
- Folio 2v: Presentation of Jesus at the Temple
- Folio 3r: Resurrection of Lazarus
- Folio 3v: Triumphal entry into Jerusalem
- Folio 3bis r: Baptism of Jesus
- Folio 3bis v: Transfiguration of Jesus
- Folio 4r: Washing of the Feet
- Folio 4v: Crucifixion of Jesus
- Folio 5r: Burial of Jesus
- Folio 5v: Harrowing of Hell
- Folio 6r: Holy Women at Christ's Tomb
- Folio 6v: Ascension of Jesus
- Folio 7r: Pentecost
- Folio 7v: Last Judgment
- Folio 8r: Last Judgment
- Folio 8v: Saint Matthew Writing; Saint Mark
- Folio 9r: Saint Luke; Saint John and Saint Prochorus
- Drège, Jean-Pierre (1992). Marco Polo y la Ruta de la Seda. Collection "Aguilar Universal" (in Spanish). 31. Translated by López Carmona, Mari Pepa. Madrid: Aguilar, S. A. de Ediciones. pp. 43 & 187. ISBN 978-8-4036-0187-1.
- "Patrimoines partagés : Christianisme". heritage.bnf.fr (in French). Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Volume de peintures illustrant la vie de Jésus : view 45". gallica.bnf.fr. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Cote : Syriaque 344". archivesetmanuscrits.bnf.fr (in French). Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Leroy, Jules (1964). Les manuscrits syriaques à peintures conservés dans les bibliothèques d'Europe et d'Orient : Contribution à l'étude de l'iconographie des églises de langue syriaque (in French). Paris: P. Geuthner. pp. 417–418.