The party called for the recognition of Hindi, as the lingua franca of the Terai. The government, however, was unwilling to recognise Hindi. Instead it stated that there were several languages spoken in the Terai, such as Maithili, Bhojpuri, Awadhi and Tharu.
- Commentary: Nepal's ethnic groups seek political role - upiasiaonline.com
- National The Telegraph - Weekly (Nepal)
- Peoples Review Online news portal – The Tarai
- Nepalnews.com Mercantile Connumications Pvt. Ltd
- "Lhotshampa, Madhesi, Nepamul". Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- Nccs Book New