Nenjam Marappathillai (unreleased film)
Nenjam Marappathillai (transl. The heart never forgets) is an unreleased Indian Tamil-language horror film written and directed by Selvaraghavan, and produced by P. Madan and Siddharth Rao for Escape Artists Motion Pictures. The film features S. J. Surya, Regina Cassandra and Nandita Swetha in the lead roles. Music composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and cinematography by Arvind Krishna, Nenjam Marappathillai began production in January 2016 and wrapped by that June, but remains unreleased.
|Produced by||P. Madan|
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Edited by||Prasanna GK|
In late December 2015, Gautham Menon announced that he would be producing a musical comedy horror film project to be directed by Selvaraghavan, which would feature S. J. Surya in the lead role. cinematographer Arvind Krishna joined the team during January 2016, while Regina Cassandra was announced as the film's lead actress. The project was officially launched on 28 January 2016 in Chennai, with Nandita Swetha added to the cast. Music Composer Santhosh Narayanan was replaced by Yuvan Shankar Raja during April 2016 thus collaborating after a long time with Selvaraghavan. Principal photography wrapped on 30 June 2016.
Release of this movie was confirmed for 30 June 2017, but it has been postponed due to the introduction of GST by Indian government. Also Tamil Nadu state government has not clarified on the application of state entertainment tax. While co-producer Siddharth Rao blamed Gautham Menon for the delay in the film's release, Menon released a press statement in March 2018 saying he was in no way involved with the film "but for listening to the idea and pointing out the script and the film to escape artiste Madan. I'm not producer, neither am I a shareholder. Madan wanted my name on the posters and the film but I'm not on it anymore. It was my initiative, that's all it was and that didn't deserve a name on the poster." As of 2019, the film remains unreleased.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||24 November 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja chronology|
|1.||"Good Bad And Ugly"||Aiswarya Kumar||4:01|
|2.||"Kannungala Chellangala – "Tribute To Kaviarasar Kannadasan""||Yuvan Shankar Raja||4:08|
|3.||"Maalai Varum Vennila"||Yuvan Shankar Raja, Dhanush||4:00|
|4.||"En Pondati Oorukku Poita"||Yuvan Shankar Raja, S. J. Surya||3:41|
- Manigandan K R (15 November 2016). "'We Should Thank Our Fans For Getting Us Back Together' : Selvaraghavan and Yuvan Shankar Raja". Ritz. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "Good news from Nenjam Marappathillai team". Top 10 Cinema. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Selvaraghavan, Gautham Menon team up for a horror film". The Times of India.
- Sreedhar Pillai. "Upbeat Mood in Kollywood". The Hindu.
- Abishek Raaja. "Gautham Menon- Selvaraghavan- SJ Surya project might bring Regina Cassandra to be the heroine". Behindwoods.
- Divya Manasa (28 January 2016). "Regina Cassandra to work with Gautham Menon !!!". Financial Prospect. Archived from the original on 7 February 2016.
- "Nenjam Marappathillai: Yuvan Shankar Raja replaces Santhosh Narayanan in Selvaraghavans horror film". intoday.in. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "Nenjam Marappathillai: It's a wrap for Selvaraghavan's horror film". India Today. 1 July 2016. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Reason behind Nenjam Marapathillai postponement". Top 10 Cinema. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Gautham Menon responds to allegations on Naragasooran dues: 'The misunderstanding has been sorted with Karthick'". Firstpost. 29 March 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- S, Srivatsan (16 May 2019). "Selvaraghavan moulded me for 'Nenjam Marappathillai': SJ Suryah". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 13 June 2019.