|Date of birth||10 January 1990|
|Place of birth||Sarajevo, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)|
|2018–2019||Sloga Gornje Crnjelovo||16||(2)|
|2019||Borac Banja Luka||11||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 March 2021|
Born in Sarajevo, the capital of SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, back then within SFR Yugoslavia, Lekanić played in Serbia for almost his whole career. Starting at the youth team of Partizan, he later played with Sinđelić Beograd in Serbian League Belgrade, with Dorćol at same level, Zemun in the Serbian First League, then Mladenovac at Serbian League Belgrade, Sloga Kraljevo in the Serbian First League, then second half of the 2013–14 Serbian SuperLiga season with Sloboda Užice, although he didn't make nay appearances, then with Smederevo 1924 in the Serbian League West, until the summer of 2015 when he joined Mačva Šabac.
His move to Mačva was decisive because he was part of a generation that made the club climb two levels in just two seasons, and also making him debut in the 2017–18 Serbian SuperLiga. However, after the initial stat of the season, Lekanić still in the early stage moved to Sinđelić Beograd, playing in the 2017–18 Serbian First League. He then joined Bosnian club Sloga Gornje Crnjelovo in the summer of 2018, then playing in the First League of RS. In March 2019, he joined Borac Banja Luka, with whom he secured promotion to the 2019–20 Bosnian Premier League.
On 13 January 2020, Lekanić signed a contract with, at the time, First League of FBiH club Olimpik. On 26 May 2020, the 2019–20 First League of FBiH season ended abruptly due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Bosnia and Herzegovina and, by default, Lekanić with Olimpik were crowned league champions and got promoted back to the Bosnian Premier League.
Borac Banja Luka
- Nemanja Lekanić at srbijafudbal.com, retrieved 16-12-2017 (in Serbian)
- FK Mačva Šabac at srbijafudbal.com, retrieved 16-12-2017 (in Serbian)
- Nemanja Lekanic at Socceway
- Број: 1/2019 Бања Лука, 7. март 2019. - fsrs, fsrs.org, 7 March 2019
- S. Mlaćo (11 May 2019). "Borac i zvanično osigurao povratak u Premijer ligu!" (in Bosnian). sportsport.ba. Retrieved 11 May 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- F.Z. (13 January 2020). "Olimpik predstavio pojačanje: Nemanja Lekanić novi nogometaš Vukova" (in Bosnian). Klix.ba. Retrieved 13 January 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- A. Čaušević (26 May 2020). "Stigla je i službena odluka: Završena sezona u Prvoj ligi FBiH!" (in Bosnian). sportsport.ba. Retrieved 26 May 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Nemanja Lekanić at Sofascore