Nelson Mandela Foundation
The Nelson Mandela Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by Nelson Mandela in 1999 to promote Mandela's vision of freedom and equality for all. The chairman is professor Njabulo Ndebele.
The vision of Nelson Mandela Foundation is to contribute to building a society that remembers its past, listens to all voices, and pursues social justice for all. he was born on the 18th of July 1918, in a town called Umtata in the Transkei area of southern Africa. He established the Truth and Commission, providing a safe place to investigate post-human abuses, avoiding civil wars, and bloodshed. he established measures to combat poverty and expand health care services. he stated that what counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. it is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead. He aided the South African Reserve Bank in slashing inflation by more than 7% in 5 years he used sports to bring the racially divided country together. He helped to lead the ANC (African National Congress) in the 1952 campaign for the defense of Unjust laws. He prompted the manifesto known as the Freedom Charter
The Nelson Mandela Foundation organises an annual lecture, inviting prominent people to drive debate on significant social issues.
- 2003 - Bill Clinton
- 2004 - Desmond Tutu
- 2005 - Wangari Maathai
- 2006 - Thabo Mbeki
- 2007 - Kofi Annan
- 2008 - Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
- 2009 - Muhammad Yunus
- 2010 - Ariel Dorfman
- 2011 - Ismail Serageldin
- 2012 - Mary Robinson
- 2013 - Mo Ibrahim
- 2014 - Michelle Bachelet
- 2015 - Thomas Piketty
- 2016 - Bill Gates
- 2017 - Amina J. Mohammed
- 2018 - Barack Obama
- 2019 - Mogoeng Mogoeng
- "Who we are – Nelson Mandela Foundation". Nelsonmandela.org. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "Professor Njabulo S Ndebele (Chairman) – Nelson Mandela Foundation". Nelsonmandela.org. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "About the Nelson Mandela Foundation – Nelson Mandela Foundation". www.nelsonmandela.org. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- Press, Associated (2016-11-01). "'Wheels coming off' Zuma's South Africa, says Nelson Mandela Foundation". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- "Nelson Mandela Foundation hits back at Mugabe... says he 'should base his comments on facts'". News24. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- "Annual Lecture – Nelson Mandela Foundation". www.nelsonmandela.org. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
|This article about an organisation in South Africa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|