|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||3,220 ft (980 m)|
Nebbi is located in the West Nile sub-region and is approximately 77 kilometres (48 mi), by road, south-east of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. This is approximately 170 kilometres (110 mi), by road, south-west of Gulu, the largest city in the Northern Region. The coordinates of the town are 2°28'45.0"N, 31°05'24.0"E (Latitude:2.479167; Longitude:31.0900).
The 2002 national population census put the population of Nebbi at about 22,740. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 28,000. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 28,800. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 34,975. in 2017, Uganda Bureau of Statistics estimated the population of Nebbi to be 258,400. Districts as operational in mid-2017. Area figures of districts are derived from spatial data. The urban figures refer to municipalities and towns as defined in 2016/2017. Nebbi District currently has two constituencies of Jonam and Padyere counties after Okoro country broke off from it in 2016 to become part of present-day Zombo District. With government plans to form Pakwach District underway, Nebbi will remain with a single subcounty of padyere which houses the areas of Parombo, Panyimur, Goli and the ourskirts of Ndebbi Town council now Nebbi Municipality <https://www.citypopulation.de/php/uganda-admin.php?adm2id=033>
Points of interestEdit
The following additional points of interest lie in the town or near the town limits:
- Offices of Nebbi District Local Government (Headquarters)
- Offices of Nebbi Municipal Council
- Nebbi Central Market
- Nebbi Hospital, a 200-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health*
- Nebbi Airstrip, one of the 47 airports in Uganda
- Nyacara Church, a place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda
- Afere Church, a place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda
- Headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nebbi
- Nebbi Town Public Library
- Nebbi Catholic Cathedral
- Leosim Hotel
- Gaf Apartments and Entertainment Centre
- Satellite One Hotel
- Matonge Nightclub, the biggest and most eventful nightclub in the town
- Luo play ground Nebbi S S. Stadium for the biggest and most cheerful football club,Nebbi Central FC that recently qualified to join FUFA Big Leagues.
- Radio stations within town are.Rainbow Fm, Radio maria and Christ the king in Goli the Headquarters for Nebbi Diocese affiliated to Church of Uganda
- Nebbi Primary School
- Jamvibes night club
- Matonge Discothèque
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Arua And Nebbi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Gulu And Nebbi With Distance Marker". Google.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Nebbi at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Nebbi In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 3 June 2014.