Nea Moudania (Greek: Νέα Μουδανιά, Néa Moudaniá; often referred to as Moudania (Μουδανιά, Moudaniá), which is the name of the municipal unit the town belongs to) is the seat of the municipality of Nea Propontida, Chalkidiki, Greece and its main town. The town is located 60 km south of Thessaloniki and is considered to be the financial and commercial center of the regional unit of Chalkidiki. It was built after 1922 by Greek refugees from Anatolia who wanted to give the settlement the name of their hometown (now Mudanya, Turkey), hence the addition of the word nea, which means new in Greek. Nea Moudania hosts the Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture Technology  of the Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki. The town also features a harbor which serves as Thessaloniki's adjuvant.
|Administrative region||Central Macedonia|
|Elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
|• Population||9,342 (2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||632 00|
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Nea Moudania.|
- Νέα Μουδανιά blog (in Greek)
- Νέα Μουδανιά agora (in Greek)
- "Nea Moudania Greece Shopping Center Chalkidiki Greece"
- Nea Moudania on in-chalkidiki.com
- Nea Moudania on holiday.gr
- Nea Moudania on gohalkidiki.com
- Nea Moudania on www.go2halkidiki.net
- KTEL Bus service routes to/from Nea Moudania
|This Central Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|