Nazaneen Ghaffar is an Iranian-British television weather presenter. She was born on 9 June 1985. She currently appears on the Sky News channel, having previously presented for BBC South East Today and ITV West.
|Born||9 June 1985|
|Occupation||Weather presenter, TV Presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Charlie Rose (m. 2016)|
Ghaffar grew up in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, where she attended St James’ Primary School and Tunbridge Wells Girls' Grammar School. After completing her A-levels she studied for a BA (hons) degree in Broadcasting at the Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication in Chislehurst. Her parents are Iranians who met in England.
Upon graduating in 2006, her first television industry job was for Endemol in Bristol as a runner for the programme Deal or No Deal. After moving on to ITV West, her first on-screen opportunity was when she was asked to audition a weather presenting position and trained as a weather forecaster with the Met Office. After 18 months of presenting for ITV she moved back to Kent to join the BBC's South East Today programme.
On 4 November 2010 it was announced that Ghaffar was leaving the BBC to join Sky News as weather presenter on its Sunrise programme, replacing Lucy Verasamy who had left to join ITV's Daybreak. She also presented forecasts for Sky News-produced 5 News on Channel 5 until 19 February 2012.
- "Nazaneen Ghaffar marries in style before partying up a storm with TV friends". Hello. 24 August 2016.
- "Sky New's Weather presenter Nazaneen Ghaffar on Tunbridge Wells and life in Kent". Kent Life. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Nazaneen Ghaffar - BBC South East Today profile". bbc.co.uk. 15 February 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "New weather presenter to join Sky News Sunrise team". skypressoffice.co.uk. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Sky News forecasts some sleepless nights ahead for #Sunrise weather presenter @SkyNewsNaz as she goes on maternity leave..." Twitter. @SkyNews. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
|This biographical article about a climatologist or meteorologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to British television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|