Dato' Ir. Haji Nawawi bin Ahmad (born 3 May 1961) is a Malaysian politician. He was the member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the seat of Langkawi, Kedah from 2013 to 2018. Before his election in 2013, he served two terms as the member of the Kedah State Legislative Assembly for Kuah from 2004 to 2013. A member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), he is the head of the party's Langkawi division.
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Langkawi, Kedah
|Preceded by||Abu Bakar Taib (UMNO–BN)|
|Succeeded by||Mahathir Mohamad (PPBM–PH)|
|Member of the Kedah State Legislative Assembly for Kuah|
|Preceded by||Sanusi Junid (UMNO–BN)|
|Succeeded by||Nor Saidi Nanyan (UMNO–BN)|
Nawawi bin Ahmad
3 May 1961
Langkawi, Kedah, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation|
|2004||Nawawi Ahmad (UMNO)||8,065||79.18%||Mazlan Ahmad (PAS)||1,890||18.56%||10,186||6,175||79.78%|
|2008||Nawawi Ahmad (UMNO)||6,660||64.52%||Hasrul Muhaimin Hasbi (PKR)||3,336||32.32%||10,322||3,324||76.49%|
|2013||Nawawi Ahmad (UMNO)||21,407||68.76%||Ahmad Abdullah (PKR)||9,546||30.66%||32,096||11,861||85.51%|
|Marina Hussein (IND)||180||0.58%|
|2018||Nawawi Ahmad (UMNO)||10,061||29.14%||Mahathir Mohamad (PPBM)||18,954||54.90%||34,527||8,893||80.87%|
|Zubir Ahmad (PAS)||5,512||15.96%|
- MMK.Kedah."Ahli Dewan Undangan Negeri" Archived 10 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine, Pejabat Dewan Undangan Negeri Kedah", 15 October 2008. Retrieved on 27 April 2013.
- "Langkawi BN MP pokes fun at Karpal Singh's remains". The Malaysian Insider. 17 April 2014. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014.
- "Umno MP admits to Facebook photos of Karpal in death". Malay Mail Online. 19 April 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 11 May 2013. Percentage figures based on total turnout, excluding informal votes.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 11 March 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|