AngelList(Redirected from Naval Ravikant)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
AngelList is a U.S. website created in 2010 for startups, angel investors, and job-seekers looking to work at startups. It started as an online introduction board for tech startups that needed seed funding. Since 2015, the site allows startups to raise money from angel investors and allows investors to invite other accredited investors to share in the deals.
Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, US|
|Launched||April 22, 2010|
AngelList was founded in 2010 by serial entrepreneur Naval Ravikant  and Babak Nivi . Naval cites his own experiences as a serial entrepreneur and the struggles of finding funding as the impetus for the AngelList platform.
In July 2013, AngelList entered into a partnership with CrunchBase, an online tech company database owned by TechCrunch until 2015.
In February 2015, AngelList launched its UK syndicate counterpart, which allows individuals to co-invest with early investors in European startups.
In October 2015, AngelList launched CSC Upshot, a $400M fund dedicated to investing in US startups, run by China’s third-largest private equity firm, China Science & Merchants Investment Management Group.
In February 2017, Naval Ravikant was named Angel Investor of the Year in TechCrunch's 10th Annual Crunchies Awards..
- Lytton-Dickie, Tom (2014-11-08). "The VC running a mini LinkedIn for tech industry funding". Hot Topics. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Eldon, Eric. "Angels Get Carry For Helping A Startup Raise Money With AngelList Syndicates". Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "An angel investor's ultimate guide to AngelList Syndicates - VentureBeat". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Naval Ravikant". CrunchBase.
- "His Brand Burnished, Naval Ravikant Plans New Fund with Babak Nivi - PE Hub". 5 November 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Eldon, Eric. "CrunchBase And AngelList Have A Partnership". Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "AngelList Launches UK Syndicates". TechCrunch.
- "Coming Soon From China: A $400 Million Bonanza for U.S. Startups". Wall Street Journal.
- Buhr, Sarah (1 December 2016). "AngelList acquires Product Hunt". TechCrunch. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Lardinois, Frederic. "And the winners of the 10th Annual Crunchies are…". Retrieved 11 January 2018.