This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nautanwa is a town and Nagar Palika in Maharajganj district in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is about 87 km from Gorakhpur, NH24 and 68 km NH730 from Maharajganj and 7 km from Sonauli Indo-Nepal Border.
|• Type||Nagar Palika Parishad|
|Elevation||89 m (292 ft)|
|• Density||10,000/km2 (30,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 56|
Nautanwa is a Tehsil/Block in the Mahrajganj District of Uttar Pradesh. According to Census 2011 information the sub-district code of Nautanwa block is 00944. There are about 259 villages in Nautanwa block.
Brick clay is abundant everywhere and bricks are made outside the town areas. The soil in the area is light sandy or dense clay of yellowish brown colour. The sand found in the rivers is medium to coarse grained, greyish white to brownish in colour and is suitable for building construction.
- Nautanwa has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 52%.
- In Nautanwa, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The town has a railway station called Nautanwa railway station, which is the closest to Lumbini in Nepal and it is the last Station from India End. The two countries have an open border without restrictions on the movement of Nepalese and Indian nationals. There is a customs checkpoint for goods and third country nationals.
|VNBW||BWA||Medium||Bhairawa Airport||Bhairawa||4 nm N||359||Buddha Air Pvt. Ltd, Saurya Airlines, Simrik Airlines, Yeti Airlines|
|VEGK||GOP||Medium||Mahayogi Gorakhnath Airport||Gorakhpur||41 nm S||377||Alliance Air Air India Indigo SpiceJet|
|FR47722||Small||Kushinagar Airport||Kushinagar||47 nm S||146||Proposed airports|
|VNBL||BGL||Small||Baglung Airport||Baglung||48 nm N||15|
|VNPK||PKR||Medium||Pokhara Airport||Pokhara||55 nm N||32||Buddha Air Pvt. Ltd, Nepal Airlines, Simrik Airlines,Tara Air, Yeti Airlines|
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Nautanwa
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- Trains from Nautanwa to Gorakhpur Jn