Natural Bridge (magazine)
Natural Bridge is an American literary magazine, based at University of Missouri in St. Louis, Missouri. It was established in 1999 and the first issue was published in Spring 1999. The magazine is published biannually and features articles on fiction, essays, and poetry. The editor-in-chief is John Dalton.
|Publisher||University of Missouri–St. Louis|
|First issue||Spring 1999|
|Based in||St. Louis, Missouri|
Honors and awardsEdit
- Andao Tian's story, "The Death of My Mad Uncle," which appeared in issue no. 16, was short-listed for the O. Henry Prize in 2008.
- Kent Annan's essay "A Drop of Water," which appeared in issue no. 14, honored with "Special Mention" by The Best American Essays in 2006.
- Roger Hart's story, "Lubing," which appeared in issue no. 5, was short-listed for the Puschart Prize in 2003.
- Leslie Pietrzyk's story, "This Day with You," which appeared in issue no. 1, was short-listed for The Pushcart Prize 2001.
- Brian Doyle's essay, "Notes on the Poem 'Ggfddfg' by Joseph Doyle," which appeared in issue no. 06, cited as "Notable Essay of 2001 in The Best American Essays.
- Lela Nargi, "Into the Thar" and Kathlene Postma, "Becoming Foreign" were both honored as "Notable Travel Writing" in the Best American Travel Writing of 2001.
- "New American Literary Magazines" (PDF). NYPL. 2002. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- St. Louis Post Dispatch, February 10, 2008
- St. Louis Post Dispatch, January 21, 2007
- St. Louis Post Dispatch, March 1, 2002
- St. Louis Riverfront Times, Feb. 27, 2002
- Verse Daily, August 20, 2002