National Rugby League (France)
The French National Rugby League (French: Ligue Nationale de Rugby), known as the LNR, manages the professional rugby sector in France, by delegation of the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the French Rugby Federation.
- organises, manages and regulates the two French rugby club divisions, Top 14 and Rugby Pro D2,
- promotes and develops the professional sector of French rugby clubs, and represents it in the management of European cups,
- negotiates and markets the television and partnership rights of the French Rugby Championship TOP 14 and PRO D2, and
- assures the defence of the material and moral interests of professional rugby.
Data on the ownership of LNR is not available.
LNR has long-term plans to establish a third fully professional division below Pro D2; the new league is scheduled to launch in the 2020–21 season.
- Mortimer, Gavin (18 August 2016). "French rugby enjoys a popularity boom as it looks to the future". Rugby World. Retrieved 12 February 2017.