This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Iberia Parish, Louisiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Iberia Parish, Louisiana, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 32 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the parish, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Two properties were once listed, but have since been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Alice||June 14, 1984
|Along LA 87 about 2.3 miles (3.7 km) northwest of Jeanerette||Jeanerette||Also known as "Agricole Fuselier Home" and the "Fuselier Plantation House".|
|2||Avery Island||September 4, 2018
|LA 329||Avery Island|
|3||Bayside||January 29, 1987
|Along LA 87, about 1.7 miles (2.7 km) northwest of Jeanerette, Louisiana||Jeanerette|
|4||Amand Broussard House||June 9, 1980
|1400 East Main Street||New Iberia||Also known as Maison Broussard,[a] the house was moved into Vermilionville Historic Village of Lafayette, Louisiana some time after its enlistment. The house was rededicated on May 11, 2013.|
|5||Conrad Rice Mill||November 10, 1982
|307 Ann Street||New Iberia|
|6||Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District||December 13, 2017
|Roughly bounded by Fulton Street, Burke Street, Weeks Street, St. Peter Street and Jefferson Street||New Iberia|
|7||Dulcito Plantation House||July 22, 1994
|5918 West Old Spanish Trail (LA 182)||New Iberia|
|8||East Main Street Historic District||July 28, 1983
|East Main Street, Lee Street, Ann Street and Philip Street||New Iberia|
|9||Enterprise Plantation||March 17, 1975
|About 3.5 miles (5.6 km) west of Jeanerette, off US 90||Jeanerette|
|10||Episcopal Church of the Epiphany||April 29, 1977
|303 West Main Street||New Iberia|
|11||Auguste Erath Building||October 5, 1995
|333-335 West St. Peter Street||New Iberia|
|12||Evangeline Theater||February 18, 1999
|129 East Main Street||New Iberia||Also part of Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District since its creation on December 13, 2017.|
|13||First United Methodist Church||November 16, 1989
|119 Jefferson Street||New Iberia||Also part of Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District since its creation on December 13, 2017.|
|14||Hewes House||January 19, 2005
|1617 Main Street||Jeanerette|
|15||Joseph Jefferson House||June 4, 1973
|End of Rip Van Winkle Road, about 2 miles (3.2 km) north of Delcambre||Jefferson Island||Also known as Bob Acres Plantation and Rip Van Winkle House and Gardens, it was designed and built in 1870 by actor Joseph Jefferson.|
|16||LeJeune's Bakery||April 22, 2003
|1510 Main Street||Jeanerette|
|17||Lutzenberger Foundry and Pattern Shop Building||March 12, 1998
|502 and 505 Jane Street||New Iberia||Also known as the New Iberia Foundry & Machine Shop.|
|18||The Magnolias||December 6, 1979
|115 Jefferson Street||New Iberia|
|19||Mintmere||June 6, 1980
|1400 East Main Street||New Iberia||Also known as Roy Boucvalt House|
|20||NEW IBERIA (steamboat) shipwreck||December 24, 2008
|Address restricted||New Iberia||Also part of Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District since its creation on December 13, 2017.|
|21||New Iberia High School||March 17, 1994
|415 Center Street||New Iberia|
|22||Olivier Store||October 25, 1982
|6811 Weeks Island Road (LA 83)||Lydia|
|23||Pascal Building||November 21, 1985
|223 East Main Street||New Iberia|
|24||People's National Bank||March 22, 2006
|119 West Main Street||New Iberia|
|25||Andrew Romero House||October 30, 1989
|310 Marie Street||New Iberia||Also known as Alvarez House|
|26||Shadows-on-the-Teche||October 5, 1972
|317 East Main Street||New Iberia||Also part of East Main Street Historic District since its creation on July 28, 1983. The Greek Revival home was completed in 1834 on the Bayou Teche by wealthy planters David and Mary Weeks, within the town of New Iberia. It remained in the Weeks family until 1958, when William Weeks Hall died and donated the building to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Open for tours.|
|27||MV Sheherazade||December 7, 2018
|Address Restricted||Morgan City vicinity||shipwreck and remains|
|28||Southern Pacific Railroad Depot||November 30, 1987
|402 West Washington Street||New Iberia|
|29||Steamboat House||July 27, 1979
|623 East Main Street||New Iberia||Also part of East Main Street Historic District since its creation on July 28, 1983.|
|30||John R. Taylor Drugstore||January 22, 1996
|145 West Main Street||New Iberia|
|31||Vida Shaw Bridge||July 6, 2010
|On Vida Shaw Road (Parish Road 402), near intersection with Parish Road 608||Loreauville|
|32||Wormser's Department Store||October 5, 1995
|112 East Main Street||New Iberia|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Darby Plantation||March 26, 1973|
|January 31, 2019||Along Darby Lane, about 2.1 miles (3.4 km) northwest of New Iberia||New Iberia||Underwent extensive renovations and remodeling in 2002, changing the layout.|
|2||Santiago Lamperez House||October 17, 1985|
|November 29, 2016||203 Front Street||New Iberia||Destroyed by fire in 2002.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Iberia Parish, Louisiana.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved May 13, 2022.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Broussard House Rededication
- "Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District" (PDF). State of Louisiana's Division of Historic Preservation. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 26, 2018. Retrieved May 25, 2018. with 63 photos and two maps Archived 2018-05-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of this resource. In some cases, this is to protect archeological sites from vandalism, while in other cases it is restricted at the request of the owner. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin, National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.
- "East Main Street Historic District" (PDF). State of Louisiana's Division of Historic Preservation. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 29, 2018. Retrieved May 28, 2018. with five photos and two maps Archived 2018-05-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Hebert, Nelwyn; Perrin, Warren A. (June 2012). Iberia Parish. ISBN 9780738591759.
- "National Regisgter of Historic Places Evaluation/Return Sheet - Removal: Santiago Lamperez House" (PDF). National Park Service. November 29, 2016. Retrieved June 18, 2018.