This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Haines Borough, Alaska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Haines Borough, Alaska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 6 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the borough, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
Current listings edit
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Charlie Anway Cabin||September 14, 2001
|Mile 1.5 on the Haines Highway||Haines|
|2||Eldred Rock Lighthouse||December 30, 1975
|20 miles (32 km) south of Haines, east of Sullivan Island in Lynn Canal||Haines|
|3||Fort William H. Seward||April 11, 1972
|Port Chilkoot, about 0.5 miles (0.80 km) south of Haines, Alaska||Haines|
|4||Government Indian School||February 8, 1980
|1st Avenue, between Union Street and View Street.||Haines|
|5||Pleasant Camp||July 5, 1973
|Mile 40 on the Haines Highway, near US-Canadian border||Haines||Also known as the Dalton Trail Camp, it was an outpost of the Canadian Northwest Mounted Police in the late 19th century.|
|6||Porcupine District||November 13, 1976
|1 mile (1.6 km) southwest of Mile 35 of Haines Highway, across Klehini River||Haines||Mining camp mostly active in the early 20th century.|
See also edit
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved November 17, 2023.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.