Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, formerly the National Museums and Galleries of Wales, is a Welsh Government sponsored body that comprises seven museums in Wales:
The locations of the branches of (and other sites connected to) Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales
In addition to these sites, the organisation runs Oriel y Parc, a gallery of Welsh landscape art in St David's, in partnership with the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority. The National Collections Centre in Nantgarw is AC-NMW's storage facility.
Directors of the National Museum of WalesEdit
In 2017 over 1.89m visitors attended the National Museum sites. The most popular site for 2017 was St. Fagans and in 2016 the most popular attraction was National Museum Cardiff.
- ^ Oriel y Parc, Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, retrieved 9 August 2015
- ^ Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales (corporate author) (2007), Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales: Celebrating the first 100 years, Cardiff: National Museum Wales Books, p. 182
- ^ Price, Karen (13 January 2010), "National Museum Wales director Michael Houlihan takes up post in New Zealand", WalesOnline, retrieved 12 August 2015
- ^ New director general for National Museum Wales, BBC News, 12 July 2010, retrieved 12 August 2015
- ^ Director General, National Museum Wales, retrieved 2 September 2018
- ^ a b "Visits to tourist attractions in Wales 2017" (pdf). Visit Wales. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- Rhiannon Mason, Museums, Nations, Identities: Wales and its National Museums, Cardiff, University of Wales Press, 2007, 256 p. ISBN 0708319726