National Geographic Traveler
National Geographic Traveler is a magazine published by the NG Media in Armenia, Belgium/the Netherlands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Latin America, Israel, Poland (started in 2005), Romania, Russia, Slovenia and Spain. A UK edition launched in December 2010 while a US edition was published from 1984 to 2019. National Geographic Traveler's main competitors are Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure.
December 2012/January 2013 cover of National Geographic Traveler
|Frequency||8 per year|
(Disney Publishing Worldwide)
|Based in||Washington, D.C.|
In September 2013, National Geographic Society formed National Geographic Travel group by bring its travel assets together including National Geographic Traveler magazine, National Geographic Expeditions, its travel books, digital travel content, maps, apps and travel community. Bellows was named senior vice president of the group.
Bellows was the editor-in-chief until October 2014. Executive editor Norie Quintos was named acting editor-in-chief before Maggie Zackowitz was appointed editor-in-chief in May 2015 reporting to chief content officer Chris John .
Longtime contributor George Stone was named editor-in-chief on January 27, 2016.
With the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney by August 2019, National Geographic Partners' publishing operations were transferred to Disney Publishing Worldwide while ending the magazine's US edition. The final US edition was December 2019.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Archived from the original on April 18, 2014. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Anna Jupowicz-Ginalska (2018). "Exposure of Travel Destinations on the Front Covers of the Magazines National Geographic Traveler and Podróże". Journal of Tourism and Services. 9 (17). Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "National Geographic Traveler Reveals Its New Editor-in-Chief". Skift.
- Schaal, Dennis (September 4, 2013). "National Geographic Forms Travel Group and Keeps Print Central to Strategy". Skift. Retrieved June 12, 2020.
- "Bellows leaves National Geographic Traveler, as another consumer editor moves on". Travel Weekly.
- "George Stone Appointed Editor-in-Chief, National Geographic Travel". NationalGeographic.com. January 27, 2016. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Steinberg, Brian; Steinberg, Brian (August 29, 2019). "Disney Layoffs Affect National Geographic". Variety. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- "Disney Layoffs Affect National Geographic". variety.com. Retrieved November 19, 2019.
|This article relating to a magazine connected with culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.