Natalie West (born Natalie Neal West; January 23, 1956) is an American television, film and stage actress best known for her role as Crystal Anderson-Conner on the 1988–2018 TV series Roseanne.
Natalie Neal West
January 23, 1956
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
West's career began in the early 1980s when she starred in several plays in Chicago area theaters. Her major break came when she won the role of Crystal Anderson Conner, Roseanne's friend and, later, Dan's stepmother, on Roseanne. She was a regular cast member for seasons three and four and a recurring guest star before and afterward. Her final appearance was in the season eight premiere in 1995. Soon after she took a hiatus from film and television to focus on her stage career. She appeared in the 2018 revival of the show however on May 29, 2018, in the wake of controversial remarks made by Barr on Twitter regarding Valerie Jarrett (an advisor of former president Barack Obama), ABC cancelled the revival after a single season.
In 2004, she starred in the independent film Life Sentence. She later starred in a few more independent films over the years. In 2012, she starred in her first leading film role in the independent comedy-drama film Nate and Margaret, playing Margaret. She has continued to perform in several Chicago theatre productions including with A Red Orchid Theatre where she is an ensemble member.
- 1984 – Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Supporting Role in a Play for Life and Limb at the Wisdom Bridge Theatre in Chicago
- 2010 – Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Supporting Role in a Play for Abigail's Party at A Red Orchid Theatre in Chicago
- 2012 – Equity Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Supporting Role in a Play for The Butcher of Baraboo at A Red Orchid Theatre in Chicago
|1989||Do You Know the Muffin Man||Paula Stockman||Television movie|
|1993||Darkness Before Dawn||Mrs. Guard||Television movie|
|2008||The Poker House||Dolly|
|2012||Nate and Margaret||Margaret|
|1988–2018||Roseanne||Crystal Anderson||60 episodes|
|2010||Bad Sides||Herself||Episode: “Pilot”|
|2018||The Conners||Crystal Anderson||2 episodes|
- "Twitter". twitter.com.
- Pallotta, Frank; Stelter, Brian (May 29, 2018). "ABC cancels 'Roseanne' after star's Twitter comments". CNN Money. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Park, Andrea (May 29, 2018). "ABC cancels "Roseanne" after Barr's tweet". CBS News. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Chandelis R. Duster (May 29, 2018). "ABC cancels "Roseanne" after show's star compared Obama adviser to 'ape'". NBC News. NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Retrieved May 29, 2018.