List of hospitals in Karachi
Karachi - A beta global city, is the largest city of Pakistan. Karachi has global importance because of its seaports. It is also the financial & industrial hub of Pakistan. Moreover, it is also the centre of research in bio medicine. The healthcare sector in Karachi, Pakistan has improved in the last few years. Some hospitals in Karachi also provide free of cost healthcare services to needy people.
The public institutes that are working for healthcare in Karachi are following
Administered by Federal GovernmentEdit
- PNS Rahat (Pakistan Navy)
- PNS Shifa (Pakistan Navy)
- PAF Hospital, PAF Base Faisal (Pakistan Air Force)
Administered by Sindh GovernmentEdit
- Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC)
- National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD)
- National Institute of Child Health (NICH)
- Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT)
- Dr. Ruth K. M. Pfau Civil Hospital Karachi
- Services Hospital
- Karachi Institute of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine
- Sindh Institute of Skin Diseases
- Kulsoom Bai Valika Social Security Hospital
Non Profit HospitalsEdit
- Anklesaria Hospital
- Health Oriented Preventive Education
- Holy Family Hospital
- Indus Hospital
- Isra Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology/ Al Ibrahim Eye Hospital
- Fatimiyah Hospital
- Karachi Adventist Hospital
Administered by Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) / CDGK (City District Government KarachiEdit
The list of private hospitals operating in Karachi, Pakistan are following.
- Baig, Shoukat Ali; Hasan, Syed Askari; Ahmed, Syed Mustajab; Ejaz, Kiran; Aziz, Sina; Dohadhwala, Nava Asad (1 May 2013). "Reasons behind the increase in research activities among medical Students of Karachi, Pakistan, a low-income Country". Education for Health. 26 (2): 117. doi:10.4103/1357-6283.120705. ISSN 1357-6283. PMID 24200734.
- Arnquist, Sarah; Weintraub, Rebecca (2012). "The Indus Hospital: Delivering Free Health Care in Pakistan". www.globalhealthdelivery.org. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "List of Hospitals In the Consular District of Karachi" (PDF). U.S. embassy and consulates in Pakistan.
- "Top Certified Hospitals in Karachi | Healthwire.pk". healthwire.pk. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- Yumna Rafi (7 October 2015). "Meet the hidden angels of Jinnah Hospital". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- Nizamuddin Siddiqui. "KARACHI: Unit for children at SIUT set up". Dawn (newspaper). Archived from the original on 29 September 2004. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- "Pakistan: Karachi Adventist Hospital Spared During Riots". Adventist News Network website. 14 June 2004. Retrieved 22 August 2020.
- Liaquat National Hospital confers degrees upon 188 MBBS students The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 23 September 2019, Retrieved 23 August 2020
- Fatimiyah Hospital Karachi