Narre Warren South P-12 College
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Narre Warren South College is a school in Narre Warren South, Victoria, Australia. Narre Warren South P-12 College commenced operations in 2002 but was not officially opened until 2007. The prep to twelve college actually began as a prep to year seven school in 2002 and it was not until 2007 (when it was officially opened) that the college went to year 12.
|Narre Warren South P-12 College|
|Number of students||approx. 2050|
|Education system||VELS, VCAL, VET and VCE|
The college is broken up into two sections, primary years (prep to grade 6), secondary years (7-12). Each sub-school has a coordinator and a leader's council that deals with the day-to-day workings of each year.
As well as VCE, the school is also a strong endorsee of VCAL and provides that option for all students entering year 12. The College is recognized for its outstanding VCE results, having attained median VCE study scores of 31 every year since 2011. It has also won 18 VCAL State Achievement Awards. In 2006, the college placed second in the state in the Junior Division of Battle of the Bands.
The college is also a Registered Training Organization.
The school comprises seven main buildings:
- A-block - Administration i.e. Sickbay, office, computer's etc.
- B-block - Various classrooms including cooking, textiles, art, digital technology, drama, music etc. (Also includes Auditorium)
- C-block - Later years classrooms and Later Yrs Reception.
- D-block - Science and technology building. Year 10 locker bay is housed in the D block portables.
- E-block - School gym including weights for year 9-12 students, also houses year 7,8 and 9 Locker Bay.
- F-block - Middle years classrooms.
- G-block - Early years classroom and Early Years Reception.