Napa High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Napa High School, established in 1897, is a four-year comprehensive high school located in Napa, California. The high school is a comprehensive high school of 1860 students. It is one of three comprehensive high schools in the Napa Valley Unified School District. The other comprehensive high schools are Vintage High School and American Canyon High School. In addition, the district has a small technology high school New Technology High School, a Catholic high school Justin-Siena High School, and four comprehensive middle schools fed by 19 elementary schools.
|Napa High School|
2475 Jefferson Street
|School district||Napa Valley Unified School District|
|Number of students||1,906 (2017–18)|
|Student to teacher ratio||22.58|
Napa High was part of the Monticello Empire League (MEL). However, Napa High switched leagues in the 2018–19 school year and now play in the Vine Valley Athletic League. The Vine Valley Athletic League consists of seven California high schools: Napa High School, American Canyon High School, Casa Grande High School, Justin Siena High School, Petaluma High School, Sonoma Valley High School, and Vintage High School.
Napa High School offers several sports, which are separated into Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons with Summer practice for certain sports.
Fall Sports: Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, Volleyball, and Water Polo
Winter Sports: Basketball, Wrestling, and Soccer
Spring Sports: Baseball, Boys Golf, Badminton, Lacrosse, Softball, Swimming, Boys Tennis, and Track and Field
Following other schools and organizations in California, it was decided that the fate of the mascot, the Indian, would be voted on by the Napa Valley Unified School District Board in 2017. Protests and controversies delayed the vote until March 2018. On 22 March, 2018, the school board voted to drop the Indian mascot.
During the first days of the 2018–2019 school year, the students of Napa High School voted the "Grizzly" as the new mascot.
- "Napa High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 22, 2019.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, NOEL BRINKERHOFF. "Proposal to drop Napa High Indian mascot draws protests". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- email@example.com, NOEL BRINKERHOFF. "Tempers flare at Napa High Indian mascot talk". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Brinkerhoff, Noel. "School board votes to abolish logos for Napa High Indians and Redwood Warriors". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Brinkerhoff, Noel. "Update: Napa High School announces new mascot, drawing grudging acceptance". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Napa County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|