Nanning railway station
Nanning railway station (Chinese: 南宁站; pinyin: Nanning Zhàn, also spelled Nanning Huǒchē Zhàn or Nanning Huochezhan) is the main railway station serving the city of Nanning, the capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China. It is located in the city centre, at 82 Zhonghua Road, in the district of Xixiangtang.
Front view of the station building
|Location||Xixiangtang District, Nanning, Guangxi|
|Operated by||Nanning Railway Bureau,|
Ministry of Railways of the PRC
Nanning–Pingxiang high-speed railway (under construction)
|Platforms||7 (14 tracks)|
The station opened in February 1951 and the upgrade of building and platforms, to allow high-speed train services also, was completed in December 2013. It is the junction point of the Nanning–Kunming Railway, the Hunan–Guangxi Railway, the Nanfang Railway, the Nanning–Guangzhou Railway, the Liuzhou–Nanning Intercity Railway, and the Yunnan–Guangxi Railway (under construction).
- Rapid transit: Nanning Metro lines 1 and 2 are both connected to the station.
- Regional services: the station is connected to Liuzhou, Guilin, Wuzhou, Guigang, Qinzhou, Fangchenggang, Beihai and others.
- National services: the station is connected to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Kunming, Xiamen, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Xi'an, Qingdao, Changsha and other major cities. One of this services is the "Beijing-Nanning Through Train".
- International services: the station is served by the "Beijing-Nanning-Hanoi Through Train", that connects the Chinese and the Vietnamese national capitals. The planned Nanning–Pingxiang high-speed line, part of the Nanning–Singapore economic corridor and of the Kunming–Singapore Rail Network, would connect also Nanning Station to Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore.
- (in Chinese) Nanning Railway Bureau official website
- Note: "Track 14" is a headshunt. See also the platform layout
- "Nanning Train" on chinatouronline.com
- Nanning rail timetable on cnvol.com
- "China-Singapore HS" on Railways Africa magazine
- "Nanning-Singapore Economic Corridor" (Beijing Review)
- (in French) "An HST line will connect China to Singapore" (Business Travel.fr)
Media related to Nanning railway station at Wikimedia Commons