|Born||1945 (age 75–76)|
|Notable works||Slap Shot (1977)|
Coming Home (1978)
|Notable awards||Academy Award|
Best Original Screenplay
1979 Coming Home
Dowd is a graduate of the UCLA Film School.
She wrote lyrics for a song used in Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains, another film she wrote.
- F.T.A. (1972) (Documentary)
- Slap Shot (1977)
- Coming Home (with Waldo Salt and Robert C. Jones) (1978)
- Straight Time (1978) (uncredited)
- North Dallas Forty (1979) (uncredited)
- Saturday Night Live (1980-1981) (TV)
- Ordinary People (1980) (uncredited)
- Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains (1982) (as "Rob Morton")
- Love (1982) (segment "For Life")
- Cloak & Dagger (1984) (uncredited)
- Swing Shift (1984) (as "Rob Morton")
- White Nights (1985) (uncredited)
- Let It Ride (1989) (as "Ernest Morton")
- "Nancy Dowd". The New York Times.
- Jackson, Jonathon (2010). The Making of Slap Shot: Behind the Scenes of the Greatest Hockey Movie Ever Made. Wiley. p. 106. ISBN 9780470678008. Retrieved 2020-01-24.