The Namibian Sun is a daily tabloid newspaper in Namibia. It was launched on 20 September 2007 as a weekly tabloid newspaper published on Thursdays. It had an initial print run of 36,000. The paper publishes mostly in English with some pages in Oshiwambo and targets a readership aged between 18 and 40. It has been published daily since 2010.
Front page of 11 October 2016 issue
|Owner(s)||Namibia Media Holdings|
The Namibian Sun is published by Namibia Media Holdings (formerly Democratic Media Holdings) which also publishes Allgemeine Zeitung and Die Republikein. While AZ has a German-speaking readership, and Republikein targets Afrikaans speakers, the Namibian Sun focuses on an English-speaking audience. It is similar to the South African Daily Sun in layout and features.
- "NAB 'owns' in Namibia". bizcommunity.com. 14 September 2007. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Rothe, Andreas (2010). Media System and News Selections in Namibia. LIT Verlag. p. 36. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Our History". Namibia Media Holdings. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "About Us". Namibia Media Holdings. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- Rothe, Media System and News Selections in Namibia, p. 37.
- "Meeting with the Editor in Chief, The Namibian Sun, 12 January 2017". High Commission of Malaysia, Windhoek. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "New Editor for Namibian Sun". Namibian Sun. 17 April 2012. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.