This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Najwa Nimri Urrutikoetxea (Spanish: [ˈnaʝwa ˈnimri]; born 14 February 1972) is a Spanish actress and singer.
Nimri at the 32nd Goya Awards in 2018
|Birth name||Najwa Nimri Urrutikoetxea|
|Also known as||Najwajean|
|Born||14 February 1972|
Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
|Genres||Trip hop, downtempo, alternative rock|
Nimri's mother is Navarrese and her father is a Jordanian named Karam Nimri. She has a brother named Karim Nimri, a half-brother named Andre Nimri and two half-sisters named Sara and Nadia Nimri. Najwa also has a cousin who is a singer named (Antix) Alexander Nimier. When she was a child she moved to Bilbao and now lives in Madrid. She has one son named Teo Nabil, who was born in 2004.
Her first important film role was in Salto al vacío, the first movie by film director Daniel Calparsoro. Her career as a singer started with small groups. In 1996, she formed the band Najwajean with Carlos Jean. She has also released three solo albums. She was married to Daniel Calparsoro and in 2004, she had a son, Teo.
Several of her film roles won her praise: as Ana in Lovers of the Arctic Circle, and as Elena in Lucía y el sexo, both films were directed by Julio Medem. She starred next to Eduardo Noriega in Abre los ojos, and El método.
In 2019, she returned as Zulema in the spin off Vis a vis: El oasis, starring with Maggie Civantos. She played Alicia Sierra, a policewoman inspector in La casa de papel. She voiced Kate Laswell in the 2019 video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
With Carlos Jean as NajwajeanEdit
- No Blood (1998) – No. 80
- Asfalto (2001) (soundtrack) – No. 175
- Guerreros (2002) (soundtrack) – No. 88
- Najwajean Selection (2002) (compilation album) – No. 108
- Till It Breaks (2008) – No. 20
- Bonzo (2015)
- Crime (2008)
- Carefully (2001) – No. 76
- Mayday (2003) – No. 48
- Walkabout (2006) – No. 10 (50,000 copies sold; Gold).
- El último primate (2010)
- Donde rugen los volcanes (2012)
- Rat Race (2014)
- Viene de Largo (2020)
- That Cyclone (2001) from Carefully – No. 37
- Following Dolphins (2001) from Carefully – No. 68
- Go Cain (2003) from Mayday – No. 20
- Hey Boys, Girls (2003) from Mayday – No. 26
- Capable (2006) from Walkabout – No. 3
- Push It (2006) from Walkabout
- Le Tien, Le Mien (2006) from Walkabout
- Feed Us (2014) from Rat Race
|2015–2019||Vis a vis||Zulema Zahir||Antena 3 (2015–2016)
FOX Spain (2018–2019)
|2019||La casa de papel||Alicia Sierra||Netflix (2019–2020)||16 episodes|
- Diéguez, Antonio (7 June 2016). "Najwa Nimri: "Mi familia es la única cristiana de Jordania"". El Mundo (in Spanish). Unidad Editorial. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Seisdedos, Iker (3 April 2005). "Un año, tres vidas". El País (in Spanish). Prisa. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Najwa Nimri y Carlos Jean continúa mañana en Vigo la gira gallega de presentación del álbum 'NajwaJean 10 years after'". Europa Press (in Spanish). Viga. 2 April 2008. Retrieved 14 October 2008.
- "Calparsoro: Del cine de autor vasco al terror de encargo en USA". Noticine (in Spanish). 8 May 2007. Retrieved 14 October 2008.
- "Los mejores papeles de Najwa Nimri, de 'Los amantes del círculo polar' a 'Quién te cantará'". MSN Entertainment. 25 October 2018. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- EFE (20 August 2001). "Julio Medem presenta en Madrid 'Lucía y el sexo', su película más complicada". El País (in Spanish). Madrid: Prisa. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Los amantes del Círculo Polar se reencuentran 20 años después". Academia de Cine (in Spanish). 25 September 2018. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Gómez, Laura (4 February 2014). "Cine de ciencia ficción: Abre los ojos". Hobby Consolas (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Repiso, Isabel (20 August 2015). "Un "Método" de éxito". ABC (in Spanish). Vocento. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Najwa Nimri: "No esperaba estar nominada a los Goya"". Europa Press. Madrid. 15 January 2019. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "'Vis a vis' vuelve con un 'spin off' con Najwa Nimri y Maggie Civantos como protagonistas". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). 23 May 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Europa Press (23 May 2019). "Najwa Nimri y Maggie Civantos protagonizarán el 'spin-off' de 'Vis a Vis'". El Periódico. Grupo Zeta. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Sanz Ezquerro, David (29 May 2019). "Najwa Nimri, una 'poli mala' en La casa de papel". El Mundo (in Spanish). Unidad Editorial Información General, S.L.U. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Tiramillas (21 October 2019). "Najwa Nimri dará voz a Kate Laswell en 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare'". Marca (in Spanish). Unidad Editorial Información Deportiva, S.L.U. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Najwa Nimri.|