Najee Goode (born June 4, 1989) is an American football linebacker for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at West Virginia and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL draft. He has also played with the Philadelphia Eagles, with whom he won Super Bowl LII.
Goode with the Eagles in 2017
|No. 52 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Born:||June 4, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||244 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Benedictine (Cleveland, Ohio)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 140|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 9, 2019|
Goode attended Benedictine High School where he lettered in football and track & field. In football, he was a dual-threat quarterback as well as a linebacker. He was named the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the Cuyahoga County East-West high school All-star game. In track & field, he won the Division II state championship in the discus throw with a school record of 172’1".
He then attended West Virginia University (WVU) where he majored in industrial engineering. While at West Virginia, in 2011, he tied for fourth on the single season list for tackles-for-loss with 15.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
After being drafted by the Buccaneers, Goode took part in the Buccaneers rookie mini-camp. On May 14, 2012, Buccaneers.com announced Goode had signed a four-year deal to become an official member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL roster, the same day as college roommate, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers teammate Keith Tandy signed his rookie deal.
He was released on September 1, 2013, when the Buccaneers trimmed their roster to 53 players.
Goode was signed to the Philadelphia Eagles on September 2, 2013. On September 9, 2014, he was placed on injured reserve after injuring his pectoral muscle in the season opening win against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Goode was released by the Eagles on September 5, 2015 for final roster cuts. He was re-signed on September 22. On December 6, 2015, Goode scored his first career touchdown on a blocked punt by Chris Maragos. The Eagles won over the New England Patriots, 35–28. In February 2016 he re-signed with the Eagles. On September 3, 2016, Goode was released by the Eagles during final cuts. On September 10, 2016, he was re-signed by the Eagles.
On March 8, 2017, Goode signed a one-year contract extension with the Eagles. Goode finished the 2017 season with 22 tackles and won Super Bowl LII when the Eagles defeated the New England Patriots 41-33. He had two tackles in the game.
- "Goode, Najee.indd" (PDF). PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Schwartz, Andy (September 22, 2015). "Najee Goode re-signs with Eagles to help banged-up LB corps". CSNPhilly.com. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- Smith, Alex (February 10, 2016). "Feeling Goode About What's to Come". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- McPherson, Chris (September 3, 2016). "Eagles Trim Roster to 53 Players". PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
- Smith, Alex (September 10, 2016). "Eagles Re-Sign Najee Goode". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- Hermann, Adam (March 8, 2017). "Eagles bringing back Najee Goode in 2017, per report". BleedingGreenNation.com.
- "Eagles dethrone Tom Brady, Patriots for first Super Bowl title in stunner". USA TODAY. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Colts Sign Free Agent Linebacker Najee Goode". Colts.com. April 4, 2018.
- "Jaguars sign three linebackers to offseason roster". Jaguars.com. May 1, 2019.
- "Najee Goode, LB at NFL.com". Retrieved September 4, 2016.