Nai Bonet is a Vietnamese belly-dancer, singer and film actress. Born in Saigon to a Vietnamese mother and French father, Bonet began her professional career at age 13, when she headlined as a belly-dancer in a show at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas. She began appearing in films in 1964 (frequently portraying a belly-dancer), as well as in television, commercials, variety shows, her photos adorned several album covers and she continued to appear as a night club headliner. In 1966 she released the novelty song Jelly Belly, and she filmed a music video for the song which was featured on Scopitone video jukeboxes.
In the 1970s, Bonet decided to focus exclusively on her acting career, "But I wasn't getting anywhere in pictures," she said in 1978. After conceiving, producing and starring in two film flops (1979's Nocturna and 1980's Hoodlums), Bonet gave up her career.
|1964||Diary of a Bachelor||Bachelorette|
|1965||John Goldfarb, Please Come Home!||Specialty Dancer|
|1965||The Beverly Hillbillies||First Harem Girl||Episode: The Sheik|
|1965||Boeing Boeing||Air India Stewardess||uncredited|
|1966||The Spy with a Cold Nose||Belly Dancer|
|1973||The Soul of Nigger Charley||Anita|
|1977||The Greatest||Suzie Gomez|
|1979||Nocturna||Nocturna||a.k.a. Nocturna: Granddaughter of Dracula|
- "Belly Dance -- in Opera'". Tucson Daily Citizen. February 14, 1966.
- "Nocturna - Nai Bonet Biography" (Press release). Compass International, Inc. 1979.
- "Jelly Belly/The Seventh Veil - Rate Your Music". Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- "YouTube - Nai Bonet - Jelly Belly music video". Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- "Scopitones by Artist: A to B". Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- Wilson, Earl (September 30, 1978). "Belly Dancer in Dracula Film?". Daily Intelligencer.