Nadje Sadig Al-Ali
Nadje Sadig Al-Ali (Arabic: نادية صادق العلي) is the author of Iraqi Women: Untold Stories From 1948 to the Present. and co-author with Nicola Pratt of What Kind of Liberation? Women and the Occupation of Iraq. Born to an Iraqi father and German mother, and having lived in Egypt for several years and being involved in the Egyptian women's movement, Al-Ali is also Professor of Gender Studies at the Center for Gender Studies  at the School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS).
Al-Ali graduated from the University of Arizona (BA), University of Cairo (MA) and received a PhD from the anthropology department of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London in 1998. She is currently chairing the Centre for Gender Studies at SOAS. She is also President of the Association of Middle East Women's Studies (AMEWS), and a member of the Feminist Review Collective.
Alongside her academic career, Nadje Al-Ali is a political activist and was a founder of the Iraqi British organisation Act Together: Women's Action for Iraq  in 2000. She is also a member of the London branch of Women in Black, a worldwide network of women who are against war and violence.
Many of her publications reflect the lives of Iraqi women and recent struggle to voice their opinions during the US-led invasion of Iraq.
- Iraqi Women: Untold Stories from 1948 to the Present (2007)
- New Approaches to Migration (2002)
- Secularism & the State in the Middle East: The Egyptian Women’s Movements (2000)
- Gender Writing/Writing Gender: The representation of women in a selection of modern Egyptian literature (1994).
- What Kind of Liberation? Women and the Occupation of Iraq (with Nicola Pratt, 2009)
- Iraqi Women: Untold Stories From 1948 to the Present at Amazon.com
- What Kind of Liberation?: Women and the Occupation of Iraq at Amazon.com
- Susannah Tarbush (2007-05-03). "New book by Nadje Sadig Al-Ali gives a voice to Iraqi women". daralhayat.com. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Centre for Gender Studies website
- Nadje Sadig Al-Ali (May 2007). "Iraq's women under pressure". Le Monde Deplomatique. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Professor Nadje Al-Ali | Staff | SOAS University of London". www.soas.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
|This article about an Iraqi writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|