NXT UK is a professional wrestling television program produced by WWE. The show features competitors from WWE's NXT UK brand. The show was officially announced during the 2018 United Kingdom Championship Tournament.
|Created by||Paul "Triple H" Levesque|
|Starring||NXT UK roster|
|Opening theme||"Dusted" by Astroid Boys|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||58 (as of 28 August 2019)|
|Camera setup||Multicamera setup|
|Original network||WWE Network|
|Original release||17 October 2018 –|
In a press conference at The O2 Arena on 15 December 2016, Paul "Triple H" Levesque revealed that there would be a 16-man tournament to crown the inaugural WWE United Kingdom Champion. The tournament was held over a two-day period, 14 and 15 January 2017, and aired exclusively on the WWE Network. At the time, it was stated that the championship would be the centerpiece of a new U.K.-based show produced in the U.K., but since the inaugural tournament, it was defended on NXT as well as at independent shows in the United Kingdom. The name of the show, NXT UK, and its premiere was finally revealed during the 2018 United Kingdom Championship Tournament. On 7 June 2018, Johnny Saint was appointed General Manager of WWE's United Kingdom-based brand, officially called NXT UK.
The show had its first tapings in August 2018, and the premiere episode of NXT UK aired 17 October 2018. Starting October 31 with the third and fourth episodes, new episodes were premiered in a double header format each week. On 12 January 2019 the first live special episode of NXT UK aired, called NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool. Beginning with the 16 January episode, NXT UK returned to airing one episode each week. In September 2019, Triple H stated that NXT UK was the second most watch program on the WWE Network, behind NXT.
|Authority figure||Position||Date started||Date finished||Notes|
|Johnny Saint||General Manager||June 7, 2018||present||Was appointed General Manager of the NXT UK brand by Triple H at the 2018 United Kingdom Championship Tournament.|
|Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness||October 17, 2018 – June 12, 2019|
July 31, 2019 – present
|Vic Joseph and Aiden English||June 19, 2019– July 24, 2019|
|Andy Shepherd||October 17, 2018– present|
|Greg Hamilton||February 13, 2019– February 20, 2019|
|Sarah Schreiber||February 20, 2019– February 27, 2019|
|Radzi Chinyanganya||October 17, 2018– present|
- "WWE launches new U.K. series". Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- "BREAKING: Major Announcement At WWE UK Championship Tournament Tapings". 18 June 2018. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Currier, Joseph (December 15, 2016). "WWE to crown first United Kingdom Champion in January". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- Keller, Wade (December 15, 2016). "WWE announces new UK-based brand, holding tournament to crown UK Champion, Nigel McGuinness on announce team". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "Johnny Saint named GM of WWE's United Kingdom brand". WWE. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "WWE announces Johnny Saint as UK brand general manager". 7 June 2018. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "NXT UK joins WWE Network's already packed Wednesday line-up". Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- 161385360554578 (2019-09-02). "Triple H: 'I want no part' of Enzo Amore, I run NXT, not Vince McMahon, The Rock". talkSPORT. Retrieved 2019-09-10.