NTT DATA Corporation (株式会社エヌ・ティ・ティ・データ, Kabushiki-kaisha Enu-tī-tī Dēta) is a Japanese multinational information technology (IT) service and consulting company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It is a partially-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT).
(spinoff from NTT)
|Headquarters||Toyosu, Tokyo, Japan|
|Yo Honma (President & CEO)|
|Revenue||¥2.31 trillion (2021)|
|¥139 billion (2021)|
|¥81.7 billion (2021)|
|Total assets||¥2.9 trillion (2021)|
|Total equity||¥1.1 trillion (2021)|
Number of employees
|Parent||NTT, Inc. (54.19%)|
Japan Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation, a predecessor of NTT, started Data Communications business in 1967. NTT, following its privatization in 1985, spun off the Data Communications division as NTT DATA in 1988, which has now become the largest of the IT Services companies headquartered in Japan.
In 2002, it was the first Japanese company to obtain BS 7799 certification, an international information security standard. In 2007, the company had consolidated net sales of ¥1 trillion, and in 2008 the company acquired German-based Cirquent, Inc. A new organizational structure of the "Company System" was introduced in 2009. Also that year, the company acquired Extend Technologies Pty Ltd in Australia, as part of a strategy to expand the global footprint of specialised SAP consulting businesses
NTT DATA and US-based IT Service company Keane agreed to a merger on 29 October 2010. The acquisition is worth over US$1.23 billion. After the acquisition of Keane Inc., NTT DATA became the 8th largest software company in the world, with the annual revenue of $14 billion. Acquiring Keane Inc. in 2010 increased the Group's total work force to 50,000. That year the company also acquired FirstApex, increasing the business footprint in insurance domain. In 2010, NTT DATA acquired Intelligroup Inc., a US-based IT consulting and service providing company. After taking over Intelligroup, NTT DATA became the ninth largest software company in the world, worth over $11 billion. India-based Intelligroup, Inc is headquartered at iLabs, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
In 2011, the company acquired Italy-based Value Team S.p.A. and launched Global One Teams. In 2012 the company acquired London-based Design and Technology Consultancy, RMA Consulting, who specialize in software design and delivery across multiple channels.
In 2013, the company acquired Madrid-based Everis, a company that provided IT services including consulting, system integration and outsourcing. Also in 2013, NTT DATA, the IT services provider with its U.S. headquarters in Plano, acquired Optimal Solutions Integration, a provider of SAP services headquartered in Irving, Texas. In 2015, the company acquired Carlisle & Gallagher, Inc., a Charlotte-based consulting firm. Also that year, the company acquired iPay88 - Online Payment Gateway for Asia Countries, Malaysia which specialize in online payment services and payment solutions for merchants with multiple financial institutions as business partners in Malaysia. In 2016, the company acquired the Dell IT Services unit (mainly the former Perot Systems) of Dell Inc for $3 billion. Also in 2016, the company acquired Nefos, a Salesforce consulting partner in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
During the decade, NTT Data began sponsoring IndyCar Series team Chip Ganassi Racing. In 2019, the company became title sponsor of the series, dubbing it the NTT IndyCar Series.
in March 2022, NTT Data announced it had acquired the Detroit-based digital transformation and innovation company, Vectorform.
Within the NTT group, while NTT Comware focuses on the IT services to the Group companies, NTT Data mainly services non-NTT Group companies. Within Japan, NTT DATA has established many joint ventures, such as NTT Data-Sanyo Electric to take care of the IT services of Sanyo electric group. Outside Japan, NTT DATA has its wholly owned subsidiaries or offices in the UK, China, Malaysia, Thailand, India, the US, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam and other countries or regions. NTT DATA Business Solutions headquartered in Germany is a global acting subsidiary of NTT DATA with a 100 percent focus on SAP business.
Yo Honma serves as President & CEO.
Products and servicesEdit
- TOMOYO Linux (until March 2012)
- Melbourne Australia myki
NTT DATA was ranked #8 in Consulting Magazine's 2016 Best Firms to Work For.
- ^ a b c d e f "NTT DATA Corporation Annual Report 2021" (PDF). NTT Data Corporation. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- ^ "NTT Data Shareholders Name (The 10 largest shareholders)". NTT DATA Corporation. 30 September 2020. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- ^ "News - Extend Technologies and NTT DATA Corporation Announce Acquisition - Australia SAP & Microsoft Gold Channel Partner, Enterprise Resource Planning ERP". Archived from the original on 2 March 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- ^ "Bloomberg Article - Keane acquisition". Bloomberg News.
- ^ "Keane Jan 3,2011 Press release". Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "Keane Jan 31,2012 Press release". Archived from the original on 5 May 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "Japanese NTT Data buys 80% in insurance product firm Apex". Reuters. 6 September 2010. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- ^ "Intelligroup press release". Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "NTT Data's Big Year a Harbinger for Japan's Software Industry". Archived from the original on 7 June 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- ^ "Home - RMA Consulting".
- ^ "London Stock Exchange October 31, 2013 Press release" (PDF).
- ^ "iPay88 of Malaysia joins NTT DATA GROUP - NTT DATA Global". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- ^ "Japan's NTT Data agrees to buy Dell's IT services unit for $3 billion". Reuters. 29 March 2016.
- ^ "NTT DATA to Serve as Primary Partner on No. 9 Honda in Long Beach". Chip Ganassi Racing. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- ^ "Ganassi signs Rosenqvist for 2019, extends deal with NTT DATA". IndyCar Series. 28 September 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- ^ Fryer, Jenna (15 January 2019). "IndyCar lands communications company NTT as title sponsor". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 15 January 2019. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- ^ Bureau, ITsec (29 March 2022). "NTT DATA Announces the Acquisition of Vectorform". ITSecurityWire. Retrieved 29 March 2022.
- ^ "NTT DATA Board of directors". www.nttdata.com. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- ^ "TOMOYO Linux Home Page". tomoyo.osdn.jp. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- ^ "Consulting Magazine - September 2016". Consultingmag-digital.com. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2018.