TFX (TV channel)
TFX (formerly NT1) is a French free-to-air television network. It is a subsidiary of TF1 Group.
|Launched||31 March 2005|
|Owned by||TF1 Group|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||TFX, la chaîne fun et décomplexée ! |
(TFX, the fun and uninhibited channel!)
|Formerly called||NT1 (2005-2018)|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel 11|
|Bis Télévisions||Channel 4|
|MC Cable||Channel 182|
|UPC Switzerland (Switzerland)||Channel 329 (SD)|
|Freebox TV||Channel 11|
|Alice ADSL||Channel 11|
TFX, under the name NT1, was created in 2004 by AB Groupe for the launch of the TNT platform scheduled for March 2005. In late 2004, AB Group announced their intention to call the channel La Quatre (The Four). However, in January 2005, France Télévisions announced that they would rebrand their channel Festival as France 4. AB Groupe decided to revert to the NT1 name.
In June 2009, TF1 Group agreed to buy the channel from AB Groupe, as well as AB's 40% stake in TMC Monte Carlo (which would take TF1's total stake to 80%). The deal was cleared by France's competition authority and subsequently by the Council of State in December 2010, dismissing an appeal by Métropole Télévision.
TF1 Group decided to make a number of changes, notably by upgrading NT1 to 16:9 in November 2010. It was the last DVB-T channel to switch to this format. In addition, NT1 became the group's channel for young adults..
On 26 May 2015, TF1, TMC, NT1 and HD1 merged their websites and created the unique website MYTF1.
On 18 October 2017, TF1 Group announced that NT1 will change its name to TFX in 2018.. The rebrand took effect at 9pm on January 30, 2018.
- 2 Broke Girls (rerun, first aired on OCS Happy / OCS Max)
- Are We There Yet?
- Au nom de la vérité (rerun, first aired on TF1 / TF1 Séries Films)
- Charlie's Angels (2011 - rerun, first aired on Canal+ Family)
- Chuck (seasons 2-5 - season 1 in rerun, first aired on TF1)
- Dallas (2012 - seasons 2-3)
- Falling Skies (rerun, first aired on OCS Max)
- Grimm (rerun, first aired on Syfy)
- Gossip Girl (season 3)
- Haven (rerun, first aired on Syfy)
- House of Anubis (rerun, first aired on Nickelodeon)
- How I Met Your Mother (seasons 3-9 - seasons 1-2 in rerun, first aired on Canal+)
- Nikita (rerun, first aired on TF1 - season 1)
- One Tree Hill (seasons 8-9 - seasons 1-7 in rerun, first aired on TF1)
- The Originals (season 1)
- Riverdale (rerun, first aired on Netflix)
- The Secret Circle
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (season 2)
- The Tomorrow People
- True Blood (rerun, first aired on OCS Max / OCS City)
- The Vampire Diaries (seasons 3-5 and 8 - rerun for seasons 1-2, first aired on Canal+ Family, seasons 6-7, first aired on Série Club)
- Violetta (rerun, first aired on Disney Channel)
- The Walking Dead (rerun, first aired on OCS Choc)
- Les vraies housewives
- Secret Story (seasons 9-11)
- La Villa des cœurs brisés
- On a échangé nos mamans
- Super Nanny
- 10 couples parfaits
- Hell's Kitchen
- Pascal, le grand frère
- Moto GP
On 24 July 2008, the channel announced it would broadcast the 2008–09 A1 Grand Prix events on Sundays. This international racing series will be shown live or pre-recorded. The deal was confirmed by Richard Maroko, General Programmes Manager of the AB Group and Richard Dorfman, A1GP's director of broadcasting.
- Le Galès, Yann; Renault, Enguérand (30 December 2010). "TF1 autorisée à racheter TMC et NT1". Le Figaro (in French). Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- "NT1 enfin diffusée en 16/9" (in French). TéléSatellite. 12 November 2010. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- NT1 se tourne résolument vers les jeunes adultes Archived 6 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine, Teleobs.Nouvelobs.com
- TMC et NT1 choisissent le bouquet FRANSAT pour passer à la haute définition, le 19 mai 2015 sur zonebourse.com
- Site officiel de TF1
- Gilles Pélisson officialise le changement de nom des chaînes NT1 et HD1, Ozap.com
- French TV deal confirmed a1gp.com (24 July 2008)
- Official Site (in French)
|This article about a French television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|