The National Rugby Centre Amsterdam, also known as NRCA Stadium, is a rugby stadium in Amsterdam. The complex is situated within the Sportpark de Eendracht in the district of Geuzenveld-Slotermeer. All international matches of the Netherlands national team are played at the NCRA, and the offices of the Netherlands Rugby Board (NRB) are at the complex.
|Built||Completed in 1997|
Plans for the National Rugby Centre Amsterdam (NRCA) were formed by the NRB in the eighties and nineties as the increasing interest in rugby grew so strong that the old offices in Bussum became impracticable. Candidates for a new national rugby center had included The Hague, Amersfoort and Amsterdam. After much deliberation and some lobbying, the location at Sportpark De Eendracht was finally selected. The complex was completed in 1997 and officially opened by the then Secretary of State for Sport Erica Terpstra.
Besides the Dutch national team, the rugby clubs ASRV Ascrum and AAC play at the complex. The final of the top division of the Dutch national rugby championship is played at the stadium, as is the Amsterdam Sevens, a long-term and internationally renowned rugby sevens tournament. The Amsterdam Women's Sevens which is part of the World Rugby Women's Sevens Series is also played at the NRCA.
- National Rugby Centre Amsterdam, Sportpark de Eendracht (in Dutch)
- "National Rugby Centre Amsterdam" (in Dutch). Netherlands Rugby. 2010. Archived from the original on 18 February 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "New Zealand women retain world sevens series title, defeating Australia in Amsterdam final". The Courier Mail. News. 18 May 2014. Archived from the original on 18 May 2014. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Amsterdam excited to be hosting Womens World Sevens Series in May". Ultimate Rugby Sevens. 18 March 2013. Archived from the original on 8 November 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "IRB announces Women's Sevens World Series" (Press release). International Rugby Board. 4 October 2012. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2012.