NHS Tayside (Scottish Gaelic: Bòrd SSN Taobh Tatha) is one of the fourteen regions of NHS Scotland. It provides healthcare services in Angus, the City of Dundee and Perth and Kinross. NHS Tayside is headquartered at King's Cross Hospital, a former fever hospital located in Clepington Road, Dundee. It currently has one of the largest hospitals in the world and also one of the largest teaching hospitals in the world (Ninewells Hospital, Dundee).
|Bòrd SSN Taobh Tatha|
|Number of employees||~14,000|
It has three Health and Social Care Partnerships (HSCPs): Angus, Dundee and Perth & Kinross.
NHS Tayside was originally formed as Tayside Health Board in April 1974. It replaced the Eastern Regional Hospital Board, that had been created in July 1948, as having the responsibility for managing hospital provision in Dundee, Angus and Perth and Kinross. It also took over the functions of Dundee Mental Hospitals (Board of Management), which had been formed in 1948 to administer mental health provision within Dundee.
Change of administratorsEdit
In April 2018 a new chairman and chief executive were appointed to run NHS Tayside as a "special measure" by the Scottish Government, after Health Secretary Shona Robison said there were concerns about whether NHS Tayside could manage it own finances. 
The archives of NHS Tayside and its predecessors are held by Archive Services, University of Dundee. The archives include many records relating to many of the former and current hospitals located in the Tayside area. They also include records of defunct hospitals including Dundee Royal Infirmary, Maryfield Hospital and Murthly Hospital.
City of DundeeEdit
- Carseview Centre
- Dundee Dental Hospital
- King's Cross Hospital
- Ninewells Hospital (includes University of Dundee Medical School)
- Kingsway Care Centre
- Royal Victoria Hospital (Dundee)
Perth and KinrossEdit
- "Mid-Year Population Estimates Scotland Mid-2016" (PDF). National Records of Scotland. 4 January 2018.
- "King's Cross Hospital". Unlocking the Medicine Chest. ARMMS, University of Dundee. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Archive Services Online Catalogue THB 22 King's Cross Hospital". University of Dundee. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "About Us". NHS Tayside. HHS Tayside. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "THB 18 Eastern Regional Hospital Board". Archive Services Online Catalogue. University of Dundee. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "THB 19 Tayside Health Board". Archive Services Online Catalogue. University of Dundee. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "THB 11 Dundee Mental Hospitals (Board of Management)". Archive Services Online Catalogue. University of Dundee. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "What you need to know about Health and Social Care Partnership". www.nhstayside.scot.nhs.uk. NHS Tayside. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- Crisis-hit NHS Tayside chiefs replaced, BBC News, 6 April 2018
- "University of Dundee Archives Services Online Catalogue". University of Dundee. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "University of Dundee Archives Services the Collections". University of Dundee. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Collection Summaries". Unlocking the Medicine Chest. University of Dundee. Retrieved 8 November 2016.