NFL Sports Talk Football '93
|NFL Sports Talk Football '93|
European cover art
|Series||Joe Montana Football|
|Platform(s)||Sega Mega Drive/Genesis|
|Genre(s)||Sports (American football)|
(Versus or co-op)
- Being officially licensed allows this game to use all the real NFL team names, and the phrase "Super Bowl", where previously teams only represented cities, and played for the 'Sega Bowl'.
- Joe Montana is the only player whose name is spoken; the following year's NFL Football '94 Starring Joe Montana game also featured Troy Aikman, perhaps due to his leading the Dallas Cowboys to Super Bowl success in 1993 (and 1994).
- Players may choose to play an exhibition game, or compete in the league (16 games, then the playoffs and Super Bowl).
- Running commentary using 'Sports Talk 2.0' technology, which was highly regarded at the time, having around 500 different phrases uttered by Lon Simmons
- A 'playbook' containing 50 possible plays
- Four possible views of the field:
- Camera zooms in when a player crosses the line of scrimmage, or the ball is thrown by the quarterback
- Choice of:
- League play could be saved, and continued later by entering a ten-character code.
All 28 NFL teams from the 1992-93 season are represented.
AFC East: Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets
AFC Central: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Oilers, Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC West: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Phoenix Cardinals, Washington Redskins
NFC Central: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans Saints, San Francisco 49ers