N. V. Ramana
Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana (born 27 August 1957) is a Judge in Supreme Court of India. Previously, he was the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court and the acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court. He has also served as the president of the Andhra Pradesh Judicial Academy. He is due to retire on 26 August 2022. With a tenure of 8 years in Supreme Court of India, he is in line to be Chief Justice of India (with effect from 24 April 2021) after superannuation of Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde.
|Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana|
|Judge of the Supreme Court of India|
Assumed office |
17 February 2014
|Nominated by||Collegium of the Supreme Court of India|
|Appointed by||Pranab Mukherjee|
|Chief Justice of Delhi High Court|
2 September 2013 – 16 February 2014
|Preceded by||D. Murugesan|
|Succeeded by||Badar Durrez Ahmed (acting)|
27 August 1957|
Ponnavaram, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh
He was born in an agricultural family on 27 August 1957 in Ponnavaram village in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh. He enrolled as an Advocate on February 10, 1983. He has practiced in the High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Central and Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunals and the Supreme Court of India in Civil, Criminal, Constitutional, Labour, Service and Election matters. He has specialized in Constitutional, Criminal, Service and Inter-State River laws. He has also functioned as Panel Counsel for various Government Organizations. He has functioned as Additional Standing Counsel for Central Government and Standing Counsel for Railways in the Central Administrative Tribunal at Hyderabad. He has also functioned as Additional Advocate General of Andhra Pradesh.
- "Rajesh Agrawal and N V Ramana appointed as Supreme Court Judges". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Special Correspondent (2013-09-03). "Justice Ramana sworn in Delhi High Court CJ". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- J. Venkatesan (2013-08-19). "Agrawal, Ramana to be Chief Justices of Madras, Delhi HCs". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "NV Ramana: From Ponnavaram to Apex Court". Sakshipost. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "NV Ramana: bio". Supreme Court of India. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
|This Indian law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|