Život sa stricem (My Uncle's Legacy) is a 1988 Yugoslavian drama film directed by Krsto Papić, starring Davor Janjić, Alma Prica, Miodrag Krivokapić, Branislav Lečić, Anica Dobra and Ivo Gregurević. It is based on Okvir za mržnju, a novel by Ivan Aralica.
|My Uncle's Legacy|
|Croatian||Život sa stricem|
|Directed by||Krsto Papić|
|Written by||Ivan Aralica (novel and screenplay)|
|Produced by||Branko Baletić|
|Edited by||Robert Lisjak|
|Music by||Brane Živković|
|Distributed by||International Film Exchange (1990) (USA)|
This article needs a plot summary. (December 2016)
"In the story, Martin is a schoolboy with a sense of the absurd and a willingness to use ridicule to amuse himself and his classmates. He has an uncle who is high up in the nation’s bureaucracy who protects him and his grandfather now that his father has died. His grandfather is too stubborn to give his farm to the local farming collective, and Martin himself is in hot water with the principal for making fun of his girlfriend, one of the students at the high school. However, as long as the uncle is able to protect them, they remain out of hot water."
- Davor Janjić as Martin Kujundžić
- Alma Prica as Marta
- Miodrag Krivokapić as Stjepan Kujundžić
- Branislav Lečić as Vinko Maglica
- Anica Dobra as Korina
- Ivo Gregurević as Comrade Radojica
- Filip Šovagović as Ivan Babarović
- Nenad Srdelić as Klepo
- Ilija Zovko as School Master
- Ivan Bibalo as Bepo
- Dejan Ačimović as Markan
- Darko Vladetić as Mato
The film won the Golden Arena for Best Film at the 1988 Pula Festival of Yugoslav Film, along with the Golden Gate of Pula Audience Award, and was later nominated for the 1990 Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film. The film was also selected as the Yugoslav entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 61st Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- "Život sa stricem". Baza HR kinematografije (in Croatian). Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Život sa stricem". Filmski leksikon (in Croatian). Miroslav Krleža Institute of Lexicography. 2008. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- My Uncle's Legacy (1988), retrieved 2020-10-06
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences