This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Native name||مضطر خیر آبادی|
|Children||Jan Nisar Akhtar|
|Relatives||Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi (grandfather)
Javed Akhtar, Salman Akhtar (grandson)
Farhan Akhtar, Zoya Akhtar, Kabir Akhtar (great-grandchildren)
Iftikhar Hussain was the grandson of Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi, who was also a poet, philosopher, religious scholar, Arabist, Persian and Urdu writer and freedom fighter in the Indian Rebellion of 1857. Khairabadi's first mentor was his mother. He spent his life in Khairabad, Tonk, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal and Rampur.
Khairabadi wrote poetry books. He also published a literary magazine entitled Karishama-e-Dilbar.
His works include:
- Nazr-e-Khuda (in Praise of God), a poetry collection
- Meelaad-e-Mustafa, the collection of na`at
- Behr-e-Taweel, a poem
- Marg-e-Ghalat ki Fariyad, a ghazal
- "Incorrect verses". The Tribune India.com. 2005-01-02. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- "A vein of grief". The Hindu.com. 2002-06-23. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- "Muztar Khairabadi: Grand father of noted lyricist Jawed Akhtar". rekhta.org. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Khalil Ullah Khan, Muztar Khairabadi: Hayat aur shairi (Urdu Publishers, Nazir Abad, Lucknow, 1979).
- Mohammed Adbul Shahid Khan Sherwani, Baghi Hindustan (Almajma al-Islami, Mubarakpur, 1947).
- Nashtar Khairabadi, ed., Ilhaamaat (1934).