|Title||Padma Shri (2005)|
|Spouse(s)||Subhashini Ali (divorced)|
Muzaffar Ali was born into a feudal Muslim family of Uttar Pradesh. His father was the Raja of Kotwara, an estate in the Gola Gokaran Nath Subdivision of Lakhimpur Kheri district, while his mother hailed from a similar land-owning family of nearby Sheikhupur in Budaun district. He attended La Martiniere college in Lucknow. His son Shaad Ali is a film director in Bollywood.
Muzaffar Ali is married to Mira.
- "Muzaffar Ali deplores MNS stand against North Indians, Bachchan". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. 4 February 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Bollywood has lost the plot: Muzaffar Ali". The Times of India. The Times Group. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Zooni, the great film that never got finished". searchkashmir. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Guftagoo with Muzaffar Ali Rajya Sabha TV". youtube. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- The Old Martinians' website Archived 2007-10-07 at the Wayback Machine; Colvin Taluqdars' College is the chief source for the alumni section.
- "Muzaffar Ali in Lucknow". The Times of India. The Times Group. 4 August 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.