Muntaner is a railway station located at the intersection of the Via Augusta with the Carrer de Santaló and Carrer de Muntaner, in the Sarrià-Sant Gervasi district of Barcelona. During off-peak periods it is served by line L6 of the Barcelona Metro, together with lines S1 and S2 of the Metro del Vallès commuter rail system. During peak periods, additional services are provided by lines S5 and S55 of the Metro del Vallès system, whilst service on line L6 is reduced or removed altogether. All these lines are operated by Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, who also run the station.
|Barcelona Metro rapid transit station|
Metro del Vallès commuter rail station
|Owned by||Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya|
|Platforms||4 (in Barcelona solution configuration)|
|Fare zone||1 (ATM)|
The station has twin tracks, with two side platforms and a central island platform. The side platforms are used for boarding, whilst the central platform is used for alighting, a configuration that is known as the Barcelona solution.
The line on which Muntaner station is located opened in 1863, but the first station on the site did not open until 1908. The current station was opened in 1959, when the line through the station was put underground.
- "Memòria de Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya" (PDF). Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya. 2018. p. 76. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Muntaner" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "L6 Pl.Catalunya - Reina Elisenda" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Muntaner". Transporte Barcelona (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-12-26.
- Media related to Muntaner station at Wikimedia Commons
- Information and photos about the station at Trenscat.com
- Information and photos about the station at TransporteBCN.es