Mueller Township, Michigan
Mueller Township, Michigan
|• Total||88.0 sq mi (227.8 km2)|
|• Land||83.9 sq mi (217.3 km2)|
|• Water||4.1 sq mi (10.6 km2)|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||2.9/sq mi (1.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626777|
- Blaney Park was established as a lumbering town by the William Mueller Company, a Chicago-based company that operated steam ships on the great lakes. It was not a successful operation so the town was sold in 1909 to the Wiscon Land and Mining Company, which continued lumbering operations until 1927. It was then converted into a resort town.
- Port Inland is a commercial port in the eastern end of the township at  In 2004, it was the 75th largest port in the United States ranked by tonnage.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 88.0 square miles (227.8 km²), of which 83.9 square miles (217.3 km²) is land and 4.1 square miles (10.6 km²) (4.64%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 245 people, 102 households, and 84 families residing in the township. The population density was 2.9 per square mile (1.1/km²). There were 301 housing units at an average density of 3.6 per square mile (1.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 88.98% White, 8.16% Native American, 1.63% from other races, and 1.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.86% of the population.
There were 102 households out of which 19.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.5% were married couples living together, 3.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.6% were non-families. 14.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.62.
In the township the population was spread out with 18.0% under the age of 18, 3.7% from 18 to 24, 21.2% from 25 to 44, 33.9% from 45 to 64, and 23.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 51 years. For every 100 females, there were 118.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 107.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $33,571, and the median income for a family was $34,643. Males had a median income of $25,000 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,507. About 2.5% of families and 6.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen and 10.8% of those sixty five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Mueller Township, Michigan
- Romig 1986, p. 66.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Port Inland, Michigan
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "ST. IGNACE-SAULT STE. MARIE-IRONWOOD" (PDF). Indian Trails. January 15, 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 4, 2014. Retrieved 2013-02-28.