Mrs Mac's Pies
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Perth, Western Australia|
|Paul Slaughter, CEO|
(year ending December 2012)
In the 1950s Ken Macgregor started up a small business in Melbourne manufacturing cakes, yeast buns and pies. By 1954, the owner had moved his family to Perth and restarted his wholesale business as "Bakewell Pies". The business moved to its Morley site in 1968 and the next generation of the family, Iain Macgregor became the new owner of the business. In the late 1980s, the business had seen vast growth in distribution, new technology and products developed and the company rebranded to the Mrs Mac's name.
Mrs Mac's are now sold throughout Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore. The Mrs Mac's range has grown extensively in recent years with the introduction of Good Eating, Microwave, Gluten Free, Bake Your Own, Chef's Own and Gourmet.
Mrs Mac's Good Eating range has also gained the Heart Foundation Tick of Approval, Healthy Kids Amber Rating and FOCiS Approval for a number of their products.
Mrs Mac's recently attained BRC accreditation. BRC is a global food safety system standard based on HACCP principles (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) and Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure production of safe quality product. The system is third party audited on regular basis in addition to other specific customer and retailer audits.
Mrs Mac's has undertaken various advertising campaigns over the years. In 2007, Mrs Mac's launched the slow food campaign, encouraging consumers to see its products as something best eaten in moderation and in a family environment.
In 2014, Mrs Mac's underwent a rebrand. On the back of it, a series of online content was produced highlighting use of 100% Aussie beef, hand-checking was a quality measure and that their pastry was made the old-fashioned way. They also brought the 'show' on the road with the Roadtrip campaign and the radio Nova Team.
- Langley, Sophie (11 February 2015). "Mrs Mac's Pies appoints ex-Metcash WA general manager as new CEO". Australian Food News. Archived from the original on 8 August 2015.
- "Australia's big five bakers in the spotlight". Food and Drink Business. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Mrs Mac's gets a facelift". Bam Creative. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Mrs Mac's takes brand forward". AdNews. 6 May 2005. Archived from the original on 28 October 2015.
- "New CEO for Mrs Mac's". Inside FMCG. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- C&I Week (9 March 2016). "Mrs Mac's goes gluten free". Convenience & Impulse Retailing. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Lau, Michelle. "Mrs Mac's Pasties: Get your 2 & 5". Mrs Mac's. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Burrowes, Tim (20 October 2010). "Mrs Mac's intriguing campaign". mUmBRELLA. Archived from the original on 15 August 2012.