Mr. Mercedes (TV series)
Mr. Mercedes is an American mystery thriller television series based on the novel of the same name by Stephen King. It premiered on the Audience network on August 9, 2017. David E. Kelley is the showrunner and it stars Brendan Gleeson and Harry Treadaway.
|Based on||Mr. Mercedes
by Stephen King
|Developed by||David E. Kelley|
|Directed by||Jack Bender|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||49–57 minutes|
|Original release||August 9, 2017– present|
On October 10, 2017, the Audience Network renewed the series for a 10-episode second season set to premiere in 2018. It will be based on the three novels in the Bill Hodges trilogy, Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers and End of Watch.
Retired detective Bill Hodges is still haunted by the unsolved case of "Mr. Mercedes," who claimed sixteen lives when he drove a stolen Mercedes through a line of job-seekers at a local job fair. Meanwhile, brilliant young psychopath Brady Hartsfield, the real Mr. Mercedes, reemerges to focus his attention on Hodges. What begins as an online cat-and-mouse game between the two soon has deadly real-life consequences as an increasingly desperate Hartsfield becomes bent on leaving his mark on the world.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Brendan Gleeson as Detective Bill Hodges
- Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield
- Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson
- Mary-Louise Parker as Janey Patterson
- Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney
- Scott Lawrence as Detective Peter Dixon
- Kelly Lynch as Deborah Hartsfield
- Ann Cusack as Olivia Trelawney
- Robert Stanton as Anthony "Robi" Frobisher
- Holland Taylor as Ida Silver
- Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter
- Katharine Houghton as Elizabeth Wharton
- Makayla Lysiak as Barbara Robinson
The series was originally announced in July 2015. In May 2016, Audience ordered a 10-episode season and the initial cast was announced. In June 2016, Anton Yelchin, who was set to play Brady Hartsfield, died in a car accident. Ann-Margret was cast to play Ida Silver before she was forced to drop out due to illness in her family. She was replaced by Holland Taylor in the part. After recasting, the production began in early 2017 in Charleston, South Carolina with the release of August 9, 2017.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.
|1||"Pilot"||Jack Bender||David E. Kelley||August 9, 2017||101|
|2||"On Your Mark"||Jack Bender||David E. Kelley||August 16, 2017||102|
|3||"Cloudy, With a Chance of Mayhem"||John Coles||A. M. Homes||August 23, 2017||103|
|4||"Gods Who Fall"||Jack Bender||Dennis Lehane||August 30, 2017||104|
|5||"The Suicide Hour"||Jack Bender||Bryan Goluboff||September 6, 2017||105|
|6||"People in the Rain"||Jack Bender||Dennis Lehane||September 13, 2017||106|
|7||"Willow Lake"||Jack Bender||Dennis Lehane||September 20, 2017||107|
|8||"From the Ashes"||Laura Innes||Bryan Goluboff||September 27, 2017||108|
|9||"Ice Cream, You Scream, We All Scream"||Kevin Hooks||Bryan Goluboff||October 4, 2017||109|
|10||"Jibber-Jibber Chicken Dinner"||Jack Bender||Dennis Lehane||October 11, 2017||110|
- Squires, John (May 11, 2017). ""Mr. Mercedes" TV Series Gets a Premiere Date". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- "'Mr. Mercedes' Sets Cast Led By Brendan Gleeson & Harry Treadaway". Deadline.com. January 30, 2017.
- Erik, Pedersen (October 10, 2017). "'Mr. Mercedes' Renewed For Season 2 On Audience Network". Deadline. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- BGR.com, via (July 2, 2015). "'Game of Thrones' New Director Teases Season 6, Why He's Treating Show Like 'Lost'". Variety. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Goldberg, Lesley (May 25, 2016). "'Mr. Mercedes' Series, Starring Brendan Gleeson, Anton Yelchin, Lands at Audience Network (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- Stanhope, Kate (December 21, 2016). "Ann-Margret Joins Audience Network's 'Mr. Mercedes' Series (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Stanhope, Kate (January 18, 2017). "Audience Network's 'Mr. Mercedes' Series: Holland Taylor to Replace Ann-Margret (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- One, R. T. E. "Brendan Gleeson is a retired cop forced to revisit his last case. Mr Mercedes tonight at 10.15pmpic.twitter.com/DT5BVLlQrb". @RTEOne. Retrieved 19 September 2017.