Motu Matu'u (born 30 April 1987) is a rugby union footballer who plays as a hooker for London Irish in the RFU Championship. He previously played for Wellington Lions in the ITM Cup and for the Hurricanes in the Super Rugby. He attended Rongotai College in Wellington, which was also attended by Ma'a Nonu. He is 184 cm tall and weighs 108 kg.
|Birth name||Motu Matu'u|
|Date of birth||30 April 1987|
|Place of birth||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||108 kg (17 st 0 lb; 238 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Matu'u is internationally capped by Samoa, of which his debut came of the bench against the United States during the 2015 World Rugby Pacific Nations Cup. He represented Samoa in the 2015 Rugby World Cup, and on 23 August 2019, he was named in Samoa's 34-man training squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup, before being named in the final 31 on 31 August.
On 17 March 2016, Matu'u signed for English club Gloucester Rugby in the Aviva Premiership on a long-term deal from the 2016-17 season. He left Gloucester at the end of the 2017-18 season to join London Irish on their return to the championship.
- Motu Matu'u Hurricanes
- Second string Samoa for PNC
- "Pisi brothers make the cut for Samoa". Rugby World Cup. 11 August 2015. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Airey, Thomas (23 August 2019). "Alalatoa headlines Manu Samoa pre-World Cup squad". Samoa Observer. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Two uncapped players in Samoa squad for Japan". rugbyworldcup.com. Rugby World Cup. 31 August 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "Gloucester sign Samoa and Hurricanes hooker Motu Matu'u". Sky Sports. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2016.