|Representing New Zealand|
|World Championships (SC)|
|2008 Manchester||200 m butterfly|
|2006 Shanghai||200 m butterfly|
|2006 Melbourne||200 m butterfly|
|2006 Melbourne||100 m butterfly|
Moss James Burmester (born 19 June 1981) is a New Zealand swimmer and diver. His specialist event is the 200m butterfly in which he holds the Commonwealth record of 1:54.35 set at the 2008 Summer Olympics.
Burmester was born in Hastings, New Zealand. He grew up in Tauranga and received his education at Otumoetai College. His career highlights in the 200m butterfly are 4th at the 2008 Olympics and gold medallist at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne where he set a Commonwealth Games record of 1:56.64.
He was the bronze medallist in the 100m butterfly at the 2006 Commonwealth Games with a time of 52.73 and set a New Zealand record of 52.37 when qualifying for New Zealand's 2008 Olympic team.
After he retired from swimming, he became an unassisted diver.
2006 Commonwealth GamesEdit
2004 Olympic GamesEdit
2002 Commonwealth GamesEdit
- "Swimming Schedule and Results". Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- Dunham, David (28 December 2006). "TOP STORY: Moss is our pick for 2006". Bay of Plenty Times. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- Norquay, Kevin (13 August 2008). "Blazing Burmester sparks up NZ Games team". The New Zealand Herald. NZPA. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Men's 200m Butterfly Final - Result, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- Men's 100m Butterfly Final - Result, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- 2002 Commonwealth Games - Medals Tally by Sport