Moshi Moshi Records
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Moshi Moshi Records is a small London-based record label founded in 1998 by Adrian Pike, Michael McClatchey and Stephen Bass. The label has released music by bands including Lykke Li, Fimber Bravo, Bloc Party, Hot Chip, Late of the Pier, Hot Club De Paris, Kate Nash, Florence and the Machine, Architecture in Helsinki, the Wave Pictures, Disclosure, Sweet Baboo, Tilly and the Wall, Blue Foundation, Slow Club, Happyness, and Au Revoir Simone. Mates Of State's 2008 record Re-Arrange Us was Moshi Moshi's 50th release. Adrian Pike left the set up within a couple of years leaving McClatchey and Bass to carry on the business. These days it also includes a Management Company who manage Metronomy, Teleman, Slow Club and Sweet Baboo among others and has publishing interests in conjunction with Tummy Touch Music, Eagle-I Music and Blue Mountain Music.
|Moshi Moshi Records|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
Moshi Moshi also has a Singles Club that has been responsible for the release of records by Florence And The Machine, thecocknbullkid, Fanfarlo, Casiokids, Lykke Li and Friendly Fires amongst others.
In 2013 Moshi Moshi hosted a monthly live event at the Servant Jazz Quarters on Bradbury Street in London's Dalston. It has also hosted nights at Hoxton Bar & Kitchen, the Buffalo Bar and the Garage in London. Bands who have previously played include Florence and the Machine, The XX, Lykke Li, Fleet Foxes, The Young Knives, Casiokids, James Yuill, Fimber Bravo, Mariam the Believer, Friendly Fires, and Best Fwends.
Moshi Moshi has also hosted a stage at Iceland Airwaves festival for the last 6 years and has taken bands like Fuck Buttons, Factory Floor, the Drums, Florence and the Machine, Friendly Fires, the Dirty Projectors, Metronomy, Au Revoir Simone, Hot Chip, Architecture in Helsinki, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Kwes and more over to Reykjavik
In 2008 the label released its first compilation album, named Moshi Moshi Singles Compilation. It featured a number of artists who had released material via the label. Among the artists included were Kate Nash, Late of the Pier and Friendly Fires. A second compilation was released in April 2010, and featured a variety of singles from bands who had signed to the label since the first release including Florence and the Machine.
- "Label Profiling: Moshi Moshi Records". Tiny Mix Tapes. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Moshi Moshi Records". Creative Commission. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Moshi Moshi to release Singles Club compilation". The Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Various - Moshi Moshi Singles Club (2008-2010)". Discogs. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "RA: Moshi Moshi Records - Record Label". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Playlist: Servant Jazz Quarters - M Magazine". M magazine: PRS for Music online magazine. 10 March 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen celebrating indie music and culture with 12-hour party". www.musicweek.com. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Moshi Moshi Singles Club Collection (2006 - 2008)". Clash Magazine. Retrieved 1 March 2019.