Moritz Seider (born 6 April 2001) is a German professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing with the Grand Rapids Griffins in the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect with the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Red Wings, 6th overall, in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
Seider with Adler Mannheim in 2019
6 April 2001|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Detroit Red Wings|
Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL)
6th overall, 2019|
Detroit Red Wings
A top prospect for the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, he was tabbed as "the best German defence prospect since Christian Ehrhoff" by The Hockey Writers. On June 21, 2019, he was selected in the first round, sixth overall, by the Detroit Red Wings. On July 14, 2019, he was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract with the Detroit Red Wings.
At the 2019 World Junior Championship Division IA tournament, he lead all defensemen in scoring.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
Awards and honoursEdit
- Knappe, Katya. "Bob McKenzie's draft rankings are out for 2019". Pension Plan Puppets. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- Jackson, Kerry. "World Juniors: Germany Junior Hockey News". Junior Hockey. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Red Wings select Moritz Seider with No.6 pick in surprise move". MLive.com. June 21, 2019. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
- "Red Wings sign Seider to a three-year, entry-level contract". Detroit Red Wings. July 14, 2019. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- "Adler Mannheim wins DEL". IIHF. 2019-04-27. Retrieved 2019-04-27.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Detroit Red Wings first round draft pick
|This German biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|