Morgana Robinson's The Agency
|Morgana Robinson's The Agency|
|Written by||Jack Bayles|
|Directed by||Tom McKay|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Executive producer(s)||Neil Webster|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Happy Tramp|
|Original network||BBC Two|
|Picture format||16:9 1080i|
|Original release||26 September 2016– present|
|BBC Two - Morgana Robinson's The Agency|
Morgana Robinson's The Agency is a British mockumentary about fictional talent agency Mann Management, with impressions by Morgana Robinson. In a seven-part show, Robinson plays the roster of talent agent Vincent Mann. It was broadcast on BBC Two from September 2016.
The premise of the programme is that Vincent has allowed a documentary crew access to his celebrity clients, including Miranda Hart, Natalie Cassidy, Russell Brand, Joanna Lumley, Gregg Wallace, Mel and Sue, Danny Dyer and Adele, all of whom are played by Robinson. Critical reception was largely positive.
Robinson has received praise for her impersonations, with Georgina Littlejohn of The Sun describing them as "wickedly accurate," and the Daily Mail's Chirstopher Stevens writing that Robinson is "an outstanding impressionist." Stevens also gave the show four stars out of five, saying it is Robinson's "best show yet," but was critical of the amount of coverage given to the Natalie Cassidy scenes, writing: "the problem wasn’t a shortage of ideas or characters — more likely that she simply can’t get enough of doing Natalie." Lucy Mangan of The Guardian says the programme "is just what we need in this strife-strewn year." In comparing it to Rory Bremner's political satire which he describes as "sharp", Mat Baylis of The Express describes the show as "sharp, too, but in a less appealing way."The Telegraph rated it three stars out of five.
- Rees, Jasper. "Morgana Robinson's The Agency is an affectionate but spiky lampooning of celebrity - BBC Two, review". telegraph.co.uk.
- Mangan, Lucy (27 September 2016). "Morgana Robinson's The Agency review – the laugh 2016 has been crying out for" – via The Guardian.
- Littlejohn, Georgina (27 September 2016). "Who is Morgana Robinson, when is The Agency next on". The Sun. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Stevens, Christopher. "'Comedy secret that Dick Emery could teach mimic queen Morgana'". Mail Online. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Mangan, Lucy (27 September 2016). "Morgana Robinson's The Agency review – the laugh 2016 has been crying out for". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Baylis, Matt (27 September 2016). "TV last night: A cold serving of satire". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Rees, Jasper. "Morgana Robinson's The Agency is an affectionate but spiky lampooning of celebrity - BBC Two, review". The Telegraph. Retrieved 31 October 2016.