The Moree Champion, previously published as the North West Champion, is a bi-weekly English language newspaper published in the Shire of Moree, New South Wales, Australia. The newspaper was first published in 1912. It is published each Tuesday and Thursday and is distributed throughout the north west region of New South Wales.
The paper was first published in 1912 as the North West Champion. In 1968, the newspaper was the first provincial press to convert from letterpress printing to high resolution web offset printing. The newspaper's proprietor, Harry Sullivan, commemorated the change with a new title. On 21 March 1968, the Moree Champion, Vol. 1, No. 1, new series, was published as a sixty four page issue containing some sections in colour.
- "North West Champion". SLNSW catalogue. State Library of New South Wales. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "About us". Moree Champion. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Kirkpatrick, Rod (2000). Country Conscience: a history of the New South Wales provincial press. Canberra: Infinite Harvest Publishing. p. 382. ISBN 0646402706.
- North West Champion (Moree, NSW : 1915 - 1954) at Trove
- "Australian Newspaper Digitisation Program | National Library of Australia". www.nla.gov.au. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Digitising our collections | State Library of New South Wales". www.sl.nsw.gov.au. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 21 May 2015.