Moon Shadow (album)
Moon Shadow is the second album by American singing trio Labelle. This release was their second and last album for Warner Bros. Records. The album is notable for their soulful rendition of The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again", the socially conscious "I Believe That I've Finally Made It Home" (a song which members Patti LaBelle, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash share lead vocals) and the nine-minute title track in which Patti introduces all the musicians as they do their live solos. This is the first album where member Nona Hendryx begins taking over most of the songwriting.
|Studio album by Labelle|
|Released||June 10, 1972|
|Studio||The Record Plant, Los Angeles and NYC|
|Genre||Rock, pop, soul|
|Producer||Jack Adams, Vicki Wickham|
All tracks written by Nona Hendryx except where noted.
- "Won't Get Fooled Again" (Pete Townshend) (4:45)
- "Sunday's News" (3:30)
- "If I Can't Have You" (3:45)
- "Ain't It Sad It's All Over" (3:30)
- "Peace With Yourself" (Sarah Dash) (2:55)
- Patti LaBelle – vocals
- Nona Hendryx – vocals
- Sarah Dash – vocals
- Kenny Ascher, Leon Pendarvis, Maxayn Lewis, Michael Powell – piano
- Andre "Mandre" Lewis – organ
- Kenny Ascher, Andre "Mandre" Lewis – clavinet
- David Spinozza, Marlo Henderson, Dick Frank – guitar
- Chuck Rainey, Russell George – bass
- Kenneth "Spider Webb" Rice, Rick Marotta – drums
- Maurice Saunders, Rick Marotta – congas
- Harold Vick – soprano saxophone (on #1)
- Buzzy Linhart – vibraphone (4)
- Larry Fallon – string arrangement (7)
- "Moon Shadow - Labelle - Songs, Reviews, Credits - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- "Robert Christgau: CG: Labelle". www.robertchristgau.com. Retrieved July 8, 2017.