Montréal-Ouest station is a commuter rail station in Montreal West, Quebec. It serves the Exo Vaudreuil-Hudson, Saint-Jérôme, and Candiac lines. Montréal-Ouest station is located in Fare Zone 1, and this station has 20 parking spaces. It is the station where these three lines come together as one towards Lucien-L'Allier station.
|Location||7499 Harley Avenue|
Montreal West, Quebec
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Parking||12 Park-and-Ride and 2 Carpooling spaces|
|Bicycle facilities||15 spaces|
|Website||Montreal-Ouest Station (RTM)|
|Opened||14 April 1889|
|Passengers (2019)||537,500 Vaudreuil-Hudson|
906,900 Total (Exo)
Origin of nameEdit
The station opened on 14 April 1889, when the Canadian Pacific Railway's Windsor Station and its approach tracks came into service. Its original name was Montreal Junction, the second place to bear this name, because it was (as it still is today) the place where numerous CPR passenger lines came together near the Montreal terminal. The present Montreal-West station was built in 1905.
Until about the 1970s there were 4 tracks at the station. Track 1 (the southernmost track, closest to the station) was removed. In the 1980s the crossover from North Junction into the station (track 4) was removed, but was restored in 1999 when the Blainville train line (now Saint-Jérôme line) started downtown service. It wasn't until 2003, however, that Saint-Jérôme trains stopped at Montréal-Ouest.
- Vaudreuil–Hudson line: (1889–1982 by CP, 1982–1996 by the STCUM, 1996–2017 by the Agence Métropolitaine de Transport (AMT), 2017–present, by Exo)
- Saint-Jérôme line: (1951–1980 by CP, 1999–2017 by the AMT, 2017–present, by Exo)
- Candiac line: (1889–1980 by CP, 2001–2017 by the AMT, 2017–present, by Exo)
- Boston (The Alouette/The Red Wing: ??–1960??)
- The Canadian: (1955–1979)
- The Atlantic Limited: (1955-1979)
- The Adirondack: (1974–1986)
Most trains on these lines ran from Place Viger until it closed on 31 May 1951. They served Montreal-West only when their terminal was Windsor Station—a few trains until June 1951, all of them thereafter.
Société de transport de Montréal (STM)Edit
|Société de transport de Montréal|
|No. and Route Name||Service Times||Route Map||Schedule|
|356 Lachine/Mtl-Trudeau/Des Sources||Overnight||Map||Schedule|
- The Adirondack, The last intercity train to use this station